Road Comet question...

Rebel,

I've got two Road Comets, one silver and one black. As the others have described mine are the same color inside and out. I like the idea of painting the inside flat black or ??? Cheers.

Chip
 
They are nice, aren't they? :thumbsup:

At night, if you have a light leak around the headlight, there is a fix for that. I think by Chip Beck--in the how to area. I did it on mine, with a slight difference of material. I don't even ride at night :D

Looks great on your bike!!
 
Thread starter
Chapomis, I did brush it. However, I did mask it off anyhow. Just my own OCD. I had already removed the tape for the pic. I used the Frog Tape that was recommended by EgAlvarez.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
They are nice, aren't they? :thumbsup:

At night, if you have a light leak around the headlight, there is a fix for that. I think by Chip Beck--in the how to area. I did it on mine, with a slight difference of material. I don't even ride at night :D

Looks great on your bike!!
Thanks Popgun and thanks to the members blazing the trail and taking the guess work out of working on the CB . I am now getting ready for the seat upgrade . I am most likely going with the Chip Beck Speck. I live a hour away from " Corbin". Thanks guys for all your help!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
dsan1964_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
They are nice, aren't they? :thumbsup:

At night, if you have a light leak around the headlight, there is a fix for that. I think by Chip Beck--in the how to area. I did it on mine, with a slight difference of material. I don't even ride at night :D

Looks great on your bike!!
Thanks Popgun and thanks to the members blazing the trail and taking the guess work out of working on the CB . I am now getting ready for the seat upgrade . I am most likely going with the Chip Beck Speck. I live a hour away from " Corbin". Thanks guys for all your help!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Popgun and thanks to the members blazing the trail and taking the guess work out of working on the CB . I am now getting ready for the seat upgrade . I am most likely going with the Chip Beck Speck. I live a hour away from " Corbin". Thanks guys for all your help!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I went down there and watched my seat being made and had them modify it a little because I felt that the pocket moved me further back om the seat than I was comfortable with. If you want to check it out I would be more than willing to let you before you head down there.
 
That would probably be helpful Randy I will hit you up in the next week or two! Thanks I take it your in the Bay also...


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Very happy, Ron. Looks more finished for sure.

Question for you, buddy. The instructions that came with the RC mention something about installing mounting rubbers? I didn't see anything like that in the box.
 
Thread starter
Ok, yah they're talking about the grommets I think. In the picture it looks like he's trimming some kind of molding.
 
Thread starter
For you guys with the RC1 on a 2014, how did you attach the bottom of the fairing to the horn bracket? I'm kind of confused on that one.
I'd very much appreciate if someone could post a pic?
 
No pic as I have a '13, but that molding he is trimming is the trim piece for the edge of the screen. It comes long and has to be trimmed to fit.
 
My bike isn't handy or I would take a pic for you, but I do remember attaching it to the nearest 10mm centered nut. I think as long as it is centered on the headlight its right. I added some thread lock too.
 
On the '13 it mounts on the stud for the horn brackets. Same for the '14?
 
Back
Top