Road Comet installed...

Rebel73_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Well, it was a bit trickier than I thought, but I think I sorted it out. Fired it up and took it for a quick spin to about 60mph and didn't detect any buzzing or vibration. I'll take it on the freeway tomorrow and test it up to 80+mph.

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/RobertB755/media/20160227_143909-1_zpsemagb0ja.jpg.html]

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/RobertB755/media/20160227_143915-1_zpsyaakxumc.jpg.html][url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/RobertB755/media/20160227_143901-1_zpsjvtikr5j.jpg.html]
 
Lookin Sharp Rebel !

I have been meaning to ask you where you bought the stick on vinyl ? I need to re-paint the trunk seat on my Interceptor and the stripes are vinyl.
 
Looks great Rebel. Nice job!
 
Thread starter
Ron in MO_imp said:
Your CB looks fantastic, Rob. Everything complements each other accessory perfectly. Dare I ask if your done now? :dodgy:
Ha ha. Thank you, Ron. That's the million dollar question, isn't it? The answer is ALMOST.

I have yet to install the Honda type II bars that have been sitting around for a while. Also, a friend of mine gave me a good idea. He suggested that I powder coat the passenger foot-peg brackets black to further clean up the lines of my bike. I like that idea!

Other than that, I think I'm done!
Oh, And I plan to send out the ECU to Guhl for flashing.
 
I did that on my Yamaha FZ-1 and it makes the rear brackets virtually disappear. i can post a before and after pic if you like.
 
Like this?

3d050c0c4fa6c7d180648930432abaa6.jpg
 
I just bought the black ones and swapped them out.

0270691bb9cee722925f15fdab181cef.jpg


04382cda564d8e8f9795390d55a52164.jpg
 
Thread starter
Took her out for a long ride today and got up to 90mph with no vibration to speak of, so I'm pretty happy. There is no contact with the instrument gauges. However, I do feel like the screen could use a little additional support in that area. I might try the foam trick I saw someone on here do.
 
Rebel73_imp said:
Riko_imp said:
very nice!

will you black out the passenger grab handles?
Yes, most likely!
Yes, most likely!
cewl!

I'm gonna tackle that job today.
First thing, find out how to disassemble those rear blinkers and secondly disassemble my OEM rack, wich was PITA to assemble in the first place.
Rebel73_imp said:
Took her out for a long ride today and got up to 90mph with no vibration to speak of, so I'm pretty happy. There is no contact with the instrument gauges. However, I do feel like the screen could use a little additional support in that area. I might try the foam trick I saw someone on here do.
I encounter, occasionally, some light front end wobble at topspeed, 106mph.
But I have the Aero screen on my RC1 and I have spoke wheels (maybe the weights have something to do with that)
 
Back
Top