Road Comet 2 Install

Townie_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I ordered a Road Comet 2 from Mr. T. It'll ship out today, take about a week to get here.

Anything in particular I should know about the installation? Is it straight-forward and obvious?

Bike is 2014 Standard with ABS (Canada model).

Many thanks guys.
 
Townie, once you get the info you need, why not do a picture tute of the mounting so that in the future members such as yourself with questions can be referred to the instructions.

See this thread which I posted right before you asked

Picture tutorials
 
Thread starter
Good idea ferret. My bike currently has a Dart screen on it, but I think I'll have to put the stock headlight brackets back on first to fit the RC2. So I'll start the picture taking from there.
 
Thanks a bunch Townie, much appreciated.
 
Townie_imp said:
Good idea ferret. My bike currently has a Dart screen on it, but I think I'll have to put the stock headlight brackets back on first to fit the RC2. So I'll start the picture taking from there.
That is correct, you will need to reinstall the stock headlight brackets first. I actually went this same exact route, going from a Dart Flyscreen to a RC2. I love it! :thumbsup:

One suggestion before installing the RC2: Get either black or chrome colored car door edging strip from the auto parts store and line the headlight opening with it. It comes with adhesive on it already. This will keep a nice snug fit and eliminate any possible chance of the RC2 vibrating against your headlight at resonant frequencies.
 
Back
Top