RLETS I just gotta ask

Thread starter
alprider_imp said:
Thanks for that, I had searched but couldn't find anything and thought perhaps was a joke :D

My local Honda dealer has fallen out with Honda and lost the dealership so not available there.
I have quickly looked on fleabay and actually found some the full length of the lever but suspect with lever useage they will maybe twist and go out of shape so will keep looking for the little ones later.
 
Mixagon_imp said:
Just found these in the UK. not for a specific Honda bike though so I guess its one size fits all. They look different rubber to the ones on here.

CAP.HANDLE.LEVER *M - Parts For Honda Motorcycles - David Silver Spares
Just found these in the UK. not for a specific Honda bike though so I guess its one size fits all. They look different rubber to the ones on here.

CAP.HANDLE.LEVER *M - Parts For Honda Motorcycles - David Silver Spares
Yeah, few [dare to] speak of putting a Honda 95010-16001 on a non-Honda machine. I can't imagine the consequences.
 
Actually some of the mid 70s Suzuki models used Rlets or Rlet-copies on some of their bikes as well.
 
Thread starter
There are some genuine Yamaha ones listed on ebay I have found which cover the whole lever. Imagine pushing those all the way on when people have struggled with just the end 95010-16001 ones.

Anyway I have ordered two 95010-16001 and will slide them on as soon as they arrive. :)
 
Soon a Padawan no longer. The Ring is Happy :)
 
Mixagon_imp said:
There are some genuine Yamaha ones listed on ebay I have found which cover the whole lever. Imagine pushing those all the way on when people have struggled with just the end 95010-16001 ones.

Anyway I have ordered two 95010-16001 and will slide them on as soon as they arrive. :)
If you have not done so already, suggest you read through the variolous posts on how to install them. It takes some finesse, as they do not just slide on. There was a recent post on using an air compressor which I have not tried, but sounds like a no muss no fuss method. The key elements are boil to soften the rubber and install while the rubber is still hot, dry hands and/or a towel for friction and a good grip against the rubber while pushing them on, and lubrication on the lever ball like dish soap. Dish soap will dry out with no harm to the rubber. Avoid petroleum based lubricants.
 
Thread starter
Yes I read all the ways to install and all are noted but I have one idea of my own which I will try first and if successful will share.
 
Mixagon_imp said:
There are some genuine Yamaha ones listed on ebay I have found which cover the whole lever. Imagine pushing those all the way on when people have struggled with just the end 95010-16001 ones.

Anyway I have ordered two 95010-16001 and will slide them on as soon as they arrive. :)
That is where I got mine from and several other Honda spares on previous bikes. They are well known and reliable to deal with.

Get yourself some valve caps from them while you are at it.

 
Back
Top