RLET heresy

slackerdeluxe_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I understand the need for RLETs to make a bike whole, but am conflicted about getting them as I don't want to spend ~ $25 for a pair. This got me wondering if plasti-dip would suffice and if so would colors other than black be canon?
 
$25 a pair is well beyond fair value indeed. Are these Honda Service and Parts prices?


"Plasti-dip" would likely be considered a facsimile, so beware.
 
Padawans. Take the easy way, they try. More training this one needs.

When I bought mine they were $6 each. They price must have gone up a LOT if they are now $12 each.
 
Ferret, maybe I remembered wrong. Maybe they were $3 each when I got them. I do remember $6 so that may be why.
 
Yea they were $3 each in 2013
 
I have now used my RLETS on three different bikes: on my '14 CB1100 standard, on my Triumph Street Twin (for all of 3 months) and the same RLETS are on my CB1100EX. I think I also paid $3-4 each, so $7.50? Divided by 3 bikes...too complicated for me, but I feel I got my money out of them.

Edit: and if they really are $25 a pair...let's just say it's not really me that's stalking your RLET-outfitted bikes.
 
pdedse_imp said:
I have now used my RLETS on three different bikes: on my '14 CB1100 standard, on my Triumph Street Twin (for all of 3 months) and the same RLETS are on my CB1100EX. I think I also paid $3-4 each, so $7.50? Divided by 3 bikes...too complicated for me, but I feel I got my money out of them.

Edit: and if they really are $25 a pair...let's just say it's not really me that's stalking your RLET-outfitted bikes.
Similar here pdedse.

Ultimately, the RLET pair retired on a Honda PCX150.
 
That was great!!
 
Thread starter
The cost of the RLETs isn't so much my hesitation, but the additional $10 of shipping. eBay is similar. Cheap-ish RLETs, my thrifty a** hesitates on the shipping. Gotta find a bunch of things to order from Partszilla to make the shipping worthwhile.

I'll join the Order soon enough.
 
Back
Top