Rizoma risers on the cb1100

Zee9_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Has anyone tried after market risers on the cb1100. The stock risers seem to be 40mm and these are 62mm high. I’m still waiting on torque values from Rizoma. I plan to use these with some Rizoma or LSL fatbars on mine.

Any chance anybody knows the specifics of the oem handlebars? Width seems to be 28”. I’m curious about the height and sweep (pullback)

b5b0271d32dd5faa149aba90928095f5.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I use after market risers as the CB500F bars i use on my cb1100 needed to come just a tad higher.

I have 30mm Kemi Moto risers. They work as intended.

Pattern is more important than torque on these. Make sure you tighten them gradually in a criss cross pattern like you would torque a differential cover or lug nuts. You want to make sure you are applying even pressure across all 4 handlebar bolts.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Thread starter
mvk24_imp said:
I use after market risers as the CB500F bars i use on my cb1100 needed to come just a tad higher.

I have 30mm Kemi Moto risers. They work as intended.

Pattern is more important than torque on these. Make sure you tighten them gradually in a criss cross pattern like you would torque a differential cover or lug nuts. You want to make sure you are applying even pressure across all 4 handlebar bolts.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca

Thanks. Well these are 62mm so they will be replacing the oem risers and I’m wondering if it will work as they have a round profile compared to the oem risers. Which also means I will have to leave out the rubber piece between the triple tree and the risers.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Rizoma works. But pricey. I went with Protaper for their 1 1/8 inch bars and risers. Cut my budget by half. But I did use Rizoma bar end mirrors and barends.. You can't replicate Rizoma mirrors. They're that good.
 
Zee9_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
I use after market risers as the CB500F bars i use on my cb1100 needed to come just a tad higher.

I have 30mm Kemi Moto risers. They work as intended.

Pattern is more important than torque on these. Make sure you tighten them gradually in a criss cross pattern like you would torque a differential cover or lug nuts. You want to make sure you are applying even pressure across all 4 handlebar bolts.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca

Thanks. Well these are 62mm so they will be replacing the oem risers and I’m wondering if it will work as they have a round profile compared to the oem risers. Which also means I will have to leave out the rubber piece between the triple tree and the risers.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Well these are 62mm so they will be replacing the oem risers and I’m wondering if it will work as they have a round profile compared to the oem risers. Which also means I will have to leave out the rubber piece between the triple tree and the risers.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk May insuce more vibration through the bars removing that rubber damper. I just added the 30mm risers ontop of the stock risers. Alot cheaper that route and easier to swap in and out if you dont like the spacing. Just another option.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Thread starter
Rox_imp said:
Rizoma works. But pricey. I went with Protaper for their 1 1/8 inch bars and risers. Cut my budget by half. But I did use Rizoma bar end mirrors and barends.. You can't replicate Rizoma mirrors. They're that good.

Rizoma is expensive but I already have the new risers lying around from the last bike and 3 fatbars to chose from. All the sets of mirrors that I have are also perfect for bar ends that fit with Rizoma adapters.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Zee9_imp said:
Rox_imp said:
Rizoma works. But pricey. I went with Protaper for their 1 1/8 inch bars and risers. Cut my budget by half. But I did use Rizoma bar end mirrors and barends.. You can't replicate Rizoma mirrors. They're that good.

Rizoma is expensive but I already have the new risers lying around from the last bike and 3 fatbars to chose from. All the sets of mirrors that I have are also perfect for bar ends that fit with Rizoma adapters.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rizoma is expensive but I already have the new risers lying around from the last bike and 3 fatbars to chose from. All the sets of mirrors that I have are also perfect for bar ends that fit with Rizoma adapters.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If that's the case...Heck yeah.. Fat bars on these bike work.
I'm actually considering the Rizoma clubman bars and getting sportier. Or keep the Protaper Carmichael bends.. Basically Superbike bars.
 
Thread starter
Rox_imp said:
Zee9_imp said:
Rox_imp said:
Rizoma works. But pricey. I went with Protaper for their 1 1/8 inch bars and risers. Cut my budget by half. But I did use Rizoma bar end mirrors and barends.. You can't replicate Rizoma mirrors. They're that good.

Rizoma is expensive but I already have the new risers lying around from the last bike and 3 fatbars to chose from. All the sets of mirrors that I have are also perfect for bar ends that fit with Rizoma adapters.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rizoma is expensive but I already have the new risers lying around from the last bike and 3 fatbars to chose from. All the sets of mirrors that I have are also perfect for bar ends that fit with Rizoma adapters.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If that's the case...Heck yeah.. Fat bars on these bike work.
I'm actually considering the Rizoma clubman bars and getting sportier. Or keep the Protaper Carmichael bends.. Basically Superbike bars.

Rizoma is expensive but I already have the new risers lying around from the last bike and 3 fatbars to chose from. All the sets of mirrors that I have are also perfect for bar ends that fit with Rizoma adapters.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If that's the case...Heck yeah.. Fat bars on these bike work.
I'm actually considering the Rizoma clubman bars and getting sportier. Or keep the Protaper Carmichael bends.. Basically Superbike bars.

The LSL super bike bar was my favorite but I left it on my triumph foe the new buyer. If I don’t like the Rizoma I might have to order another LSL super bike fat bar


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Just in the building complex she felt fine. Easier to handle than before. I’m waiting on some new z8’s but will take her out tomorrow. Took me longer than anticipated as I wanted it to look like a factory job.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Zee9_imp said:
Just in the building complex she felt fine. Easier to handle than before. I’m waiting on some new z8’s but will take her out tomorrow. Took me longer than anticipated as I wanted it to look like a factory job.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I predict death wobble without RLET's. ;)
 
Thread starter
Whoops_imp said:
Zee9_imp said:
Just in the building complex she felt fine. Easier to handle than before. I’m waiting on some new z8’s but will take her out tomorrow. Took me longer than anticipated as I wanted it to look like a factory job.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I predict death wobble without RLET's. ;)
I predict death wobble without RLET's. ;)

Please explain. I read something about the Rlets but was too shy to ask what those are. Are those the rubber things that go on the front brake and clutch levers?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Ahh Padawan, shy do not be. Ask if unsure. Yes your answer is.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Verdict? Is the new riding position more comfortable and maybe better handling?
That's incredibly subjective to an individual rider.

Personally, 1.5" risers made a difference in comfort, while adding slop to steering feedback. I paid $15 for generic set that have pullback adjustability, so I'm keeping mine low, yet further back.
 
LikeAfox_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Verdict? Is the new riding position more comfortable and maybe better handling?
That's incredibly subjective to an individual rider.

Personally, 1.5" risers made a difference in comfort, while adding slop to steering feedback. I paid $15 for generic set that have pullback adjustability, so I'm keeping mine low, yet further back.
That's incredibly subjective to an individual rider.

Personally, 1.5" risers made a difference in comfort, while adding slop to steering feedback. I paid $15 for generic set that have pullback adjustability, so I'm keeping mine low, yet further back.
That's fair. The important aspect is - was there an improvement and did it come close to expectation.

If it failed to meet expectation, then that would be an interesting discussion.
 
Thread starter
I actually went out to Brooklyn yesterday for a bike night and although the seating position va handlebar ergonomics is a bit more aggressive than stock i prefer it. I may opt for a different bar from LSL as I think a silver bar might look better than the black Rizoma bar but so far I prefer it


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I'm good with the bar position on the CB, but when I had the Sportster, I wanted them higher, and used two 1/2" drive 19mm sockets that were already chromed and about 2.5" tall, with longer bolts. They worked great. I did the same thing to the Kawi I used to have.
 
Back
Top