Rim tape??

Verdecken_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I had reflective rim tape on my last bike and liked it. I'm trying to think of ways to add some red to the black CB without over doing it, simply because want a little more color to go with the tank stripes and I also wear a red/black helmet.

Does anyone have pics of a black CB11 with rim tape? Opinions on the idea?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Did you see the red rim tape on the CB for sale in the classifieds section? It's the CB from Wisconsin. It's a red standard, but maybe you can visualize the wheels on a black 2014...
 
Thread starter
Hmmmm, it's hard to imagine though since everything on mine is blacked out, even the engine. I may have to get some clean pics and do some photoshop.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I've also had rim tape on prior bikes and I like the idea of adding red tape to your black mag wheels. I've had red tape on a red bike, green tape on a green bike, and white tape on a red, white and blue bike. If I decided to add red rim tape to my CB, I'd likely end up looking to balance it out a bit by putting on red Pazzo levers. The red tail light will bring balance to it all with red at the front, rear and on both wheels. Add some red to your helmet and I think you've got a nice look going.

Fortunately, rim tape is pretty cheap. You can try it and if you decide it doesn't meet your expectations, you can remove it rather easily. I could have sworn that Rebel had red rim tape on his CB but I wouldn't bet money on it. Be sure to post up pics if and when you decide to try this out!
 
Thread starter
metallyguitarded_imp said:
I've also had rim tape on prior bikes and I like the idea of adding red tape to your black mag wheels. I've had red tape on a red bike, green tape on a green bike, and white tape on a red, white and blue bike. If I decided to add red rim tape to my CB, I'd likely end up looking to balance it out a bit by putting on red Pazzo levers. The red tail light will bring balance to it all with red at the front, rear and on both wheels. Add some red to your helmet and I think you've got a nice look going.

Fortunately, rim tape is pretty cheap. You can try it and if you decide it doesn't meet your expectations, you can remove it rather easily. I could have sworn that Rebel had red rim tape on his CB but I wouldn't bet money on it. Be sure to post up pics if and when you decide to try this out!
Yeah, thinking I'll just buy some and install it to see how it looks. Worst case is I take it off. My helmet is part of the reason I want to add a little more red:

f68f95f25b059157e434914d04e52821.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Wild looking helmet
I figure the more looks it gets when I'm riding, the less likely I am to 'not be seen.' I'd rather avoid a SMIDSY.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lord Popgun_imp said:
metallyguitarded_imp said:
EmptySea_imp said:
"Rim Tape" sounds dirty.
And cheap.
And cheap.
Chip Beck owns Rim Liquors...
and has T-shirts
And cheap.
Chip Beck owns Rim Liquors...
and has T-shirts
Soooo Chip, wanna bring us all some shirts at the rally??


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Google Rim Liquor and you can see a pic of his place. It's in Arizona :( I doubt Chip is riding to VA. from AZ :D

But, he also owns a gas station. Maybe the rally should be at Chip's. Gas, liquor. What more do we need? :P
 
There was a pic of a bike on here with rim tape on the wheels - I thought it looked really good. And when viewed at night, the tape was "reflective". Very nice additional "stealth" safety feature. In fact, I think the guy even "linked" to the product in Amazon IIRC - maybe not. I may put some on my red 14 DLX.
 
trey, you are correct--he did post a link, but I can't remember who it was either.
 
Why are you so excited by Rim Liquor, popgun?
 
Cormanus, well, uhh, don't ask, don't tell :)
 
Back
Top