Right side crankcase cover bolts

Shestak_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
I'm having some problems finding the torque spec for the bolts. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
 
The little one is the right crankcase cover.

There is no torque spec listed. The procedure tells you to put the sealant where shown and tighten the bolts securely.

So, you either do that, or use the Standard Torque Values Table in the General Information section of the manual. Its section 1.

If you need the values, let me know.
 
Thanks PB! I was going to have to email it to him.

I really need to get back on a photo hosting service...
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Thanks PB! I was going to have to email it to him.

I really need to get back on a photo hosting service...
No problem...sometimes ground people are faster than avionic :P

pb
 
Three Bond 1207 B or equivalent.

Google it and it comes up at a number of sources. Amazon has it too. I don’t know what the equivalent is. Here is a link to the data sheet for it.

Yes you need a manual. You are seeing why right now.

Why did you take the cover off? I would guess that the CKP sensor rarely goes bad.
 
No link, popgun.
 
Sorry—again. I’ll get it after work
 
I guess, Popgun is busy.... flight testing helicopter or fighter jet....:P
so I did it for him...:beerchug:

Tree-bond 1207 b

Amazon.ca for comparison only, get amazon.com for better price or local automotive shop/store

pb
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Hey PB, $47CDN ($36.58USD)??? Heck, I ordered a tube off Amazon last night and it was $17.79USD delivered. You are getting hosed in Canada.

Here is the link I forgot above: Adhesive Manfacturers for Automotive Aftermarket | ThreeBond

The amazon.com listing has a good description too: Amazon.com
I think it was your president new steel tax included...lol...:rofl: .... yeah we always pay higher price here:@
...for comparison as I said..
How was your helicopter or jet flight today? :P
:beerchug:

pb
 
Luckily for me, I work in an avionics shop. :) I’m not a pilot and don’t play one on TV!!

The way aircraft are misbehaving lately I think I’d rather take a train.
 
As other have said, no torque specified specific to the clutch cover bolts. The Standard torque Vales table in the front of the Shop Manual shows 6mm flange bolt ( 8MM head, SMALL flange ) at 10 N.M.... those are like the handle bar clamps for the master cylinders. The clutch cover bolts are 6mm flange ( 8mm head, LARGE flange ), and the table shows 12 N.M torque for those.
 
Back
Top