Riding the OTHER other Honda

Nice one ferret. I personally enjoy having a true four seasons. Still, we only see a few snowfalls a year here in Portland. You pretty much have to head for the mountains if you want snow.

I believe some of us are just naturally wired for cooler weather. The reality is that I probably ride more during the winter here than I would have during the summer back in Austin. I honestly got to the point where I just couldn't live the heat any longer. With over 100 days of 90 degree plus weather (and humid at that) I would more or less just hibernate in the cool relief of indoor air conditioning during the summertime. But man, while I don't miss the heat one bit, I do miss much of the food.
 
Guth_imp said:
Nice one ferret. I personally enjoy having a true four seasons. Still, we only see a few snowfalls a year here in Portland. You pretty much have to head for the mountains if you want snow.

I believe some of us are just naturally wired for cooler weather. The reality is that I probably ride more during the winter here than I would have during the summer back in Austin. I honestly got to the point where I just couldn't live the heat any longer. With over 100 days of 90 degree plus weather (and humid at that) I would more or less just hibernate in the cool relief of indoor air conditioning during the summertime. But man, while I don't miss the heat one bit, I do miss much of the food.
I didn't know you used to live in Austin. So, you certainly know we loose our freakin' minds if we see so much as a snow flurry.

While I know what you mean by missing the food here, I hear there are some great eateries in Portland. We actually just got a Voodoo donuts down on 6th St. I haven't been yet, but I will one of these days. Actually, the odds of me making it to the one downtown might be lower than going to the original location. Portland is on my short list of places to visit next.
 
No plow, no snowblower, just a shovel here. Good exercise, but not very consistent. Shoveled 3 times in the same day during our last storm. This is my favorite "Other Honda"

 
Thread starter
That is an awesome "other Honda" Chapomis. Beautiful. My nephew Mike bought one new in 84 or 85? Great motorcycle.

yea, I'm NOT wired for cold weather. I hate being cold. As a kid I rarely went outside in winter, instead I stayed inside and read books, while my younger brother built snow forts and went sled riding. Probably why my "second job" was as a freelance writer for 25 years. Yet as an adult, I have forced myself to hunt in the cold and ride my motorcycles in the cold. Making the most out of winter but not particularly loving it. I find I like it best when the temp is between 60 and 90 and 75-85 is ideal!.
 
It's likely the novelty of it but plowing snow with that other OTHER Honda looks like a blast! We've been breaking heat records here in San Diego (mid to upper 80s). We should drop back into the mid-70s by tomorrow before another heat spell hits next week.
Chapomis_imp said:
No plow, no snowblower, just a shovel here. Good exercise, but not very consistent. Shoveled 3 times in the same day during our last storm. This is my favorite "Other Honda"



What a beautiful bike! When I had my '07 VFR800, I went on a group ride with other VFR owners and one showed up on his 750 Interceptor which was in pretty sad shape. It's amazing what duct tape can keep together. Your 500 looks fantastic. How does she run?
 
Ferret, that's one ride I don't mind missing out on - at least in those conditions!
In other news...it's been in the 90s here the past couple of days... :-/
 
Will ride my other Honda, Honda powered that is, Hustler Super Z mower tomorrow to cut some rye and mulch leaves. Supposed to be near 80 and sunny tomorrow. We actually had the air conditioner on this afternoon. I love winters without snow.:banana:
 
Thread starter
Awwww poor baby

80? Dang I am so jealous
 
32ºC—approaching 90ºF here. Slightly too warm for my taste.
 
Temperatures in Celsius

23c4c7ad31503cae4ff340c9486ededf.jpg
 
Thread starter
I rode my other other Honda again today and pushed more snow, but tomorrow starts a warming trend that should put us in the 60s for the weekend. I'm riding tomorrow! Uh...one of the two wheeled motorcycles. Yea baby!
 
Back
Top