Great piece, Ferret. Thanks for sharing. Says a great deal about the perils of almost any sort of group activity and why they should be avoided.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.


Ok Motogeezer you got my attention: Great maze of excellent roads around Central Florida? Blue Ridge Mountains? No interstate? Anyway you can share these routes without having to create a Face Book account?Motogeezer1949_imp said:Love group rides, been doing them since 2000. None paced to the slowest rider, but sometimes we wait on them at stop signs. Have about 25 friends, all good riders on good bikes with good personalities and people skills who enjoy getting together in groups of 5 to 10 and taking turns leading every Sunday. There's a great maze of excellent roads around central Florida and we enjoy lots of them within 100 mile or so radius. There are lots of sites and lots of restaurants we enjoy, from fresh fish to BBQ. Most looked forward to are 2 yearly week long rides from central Florida to the Blue Ridge mountains. Spring and fall. As a matter of fact, the fall trip leaves next Saturday. There are 10 of us going. We don't set tire on Interstates, no fast food, no restaurant chains. Mom and pop places all the way. We do lots of other stuff, spend a week at Daytona for watching races and doing demo rides at Bike Week and Fall Cycle Scene. So yea, I dig groups and group rides
Anybody near/in central Florida wanting to join in, go to Central Florida Cycle Riders on Face Book and sign on. Once there, check out the photos and photo albums!
Look forward to you joining in the fun![]()
Hmm...do you guys have a helmet law there?The ferret_imp said:This just happened here yesterday
http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news...n-cincinnati-brookville-road-in-butler-county
HikerToo_imp said:Hmm...do you guys have a helmet law there?The ferret_imp said:This just happened here yesterday
http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news...n-cincinnati-brookville-road-in-butler-county
Wear helmet
Don't drink
Don't speed
As we've posted before and it improves you chance of avoiding accidents by a large %
The "eye witness" testimony is interesting. When was the last time you saw cruisers going "airborne"? Not exactly sure what she was trying to say.The ferret_imp said:This just happened here yesterday
http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news...n-cincinnati-brookville-road-in-butler-county
We brought the CB and my FZ1. Having a great time.Cormanus_imp said:Motogeezer, what will you be riding? Are you going to score some CB1100 thrills?
Ok Motogeezer you got my attention: Great maze of excellent roads around Central Florida? Blue Ridge Mountains? No interstate? Anyway you can share these routes without having to create a Face Book account?SanPete_imp said:Ok Motogeezer you got my attention: Great maze of excellent roads around Central Florida? Blue Ridge Mountains? No interstate? Anyway you can share these routes without having to create a Face Book account?Motogeezer1949_imp said:Love group rides, been doing them since 2000. None paced to the slowest rider, but sometimes we wait on them at stop signs. Have about 25 friends, all good riders on good bikes with good personalities and people skills who enjoy getting together in groups of 5 to 10 and taking turns leading every Sunday. There's a great maze of excellent roads around central Florida and we enjoy lots of them within 100 mile or so radius. There are lots of sites and lots of restaurants we enjoy, from fresh fish to BBQ. Most looked forward to are 2 yearly week long rides from central Florida to the Blue Ridge mountains. Spring and fall. As a matter of fact, the fall trip leaves next Saturday. There are 10 of us going. We don't set tire on Interstates, no fast food, no restaurant chains. Mom and pop places all the way. We do lots of other stuff, spend a week at Daytona for watching races and doing demo rides at Bike Week and Fall Cycle Scene. So yea, I dig groups and group rides
Anybody near/in central Florida wanting to join in, go to Central Florida Cycle Riders on Face Book and sign on. Once there, check out the photos and photo albums!
Look forward to you joining in the fun![]()
LOLThe "eye witness" testimony is interesting. When was the last time you saw cruisers going "airborne"? Not exactly sure what she was trying to say.DGShannon_imp said:The "eye witness" testimony is interesting. When was the last time you saw cruisers going "airborne"? Not exactly sure what she was trying to say.The ferret_imp said:This just happened here yesterday
http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news...n-cincinnati-brookville-road-in-butler-county
Motogeezer, good on you for creating a page on Facebook. I hope you get many likes. If it's not publicly available, though, I won't be visiting it. I've tried Facebook and I don't like it. I found it intrusive and I was never completely sure what I was sharing and what I wasn't because every time I (and others) worked it out, Facebook changed the rules so we were sharing again. I also found I was being pestered to be friends with people I wanted nothing to do with and forced to endure extraordinary banality.Motogeezer1949_imp said:We brought the CB and my FZ1. Having a great time.Cormanus_imp said:Motogeezer, what will you be riding? Are you going to score some CB1100 thrills?
Ok Motogeezer you got my attention: Great maze of excellent roads around Central Florida? Blue Ridge Mountains? No interstate? Anyway you can share these routes without having to create a Face Book account?SanPete_imp said:Ok Motogeezer you got my attention: Great maze of excellent roads around Central Florida? Blue Ridge Mountains? No interstate? Anyway you can share these routes without having to create a Face Book account?Motogeezer1949_imp said:Love group rides, been doing them since 2000. None paced to the slowest rider, but sometimes we wait on them at stop signs. Have about 25 friends, all good riders on good bikes with good personalities and people skills who enjoy getting together in groups of 5 to 10 and taking turns leading every Sunday. There's a great maze of excellent roads around central Florida and we enjoy lots of them within 100 mile or so radius. There are lots of sites and lots of restaurants we enjoy, from fresh fish to BBQ. Most looked forward to are 2 yearly week long rides from central Florida to the Blue Ridge mountains. Spring and fall. As a matter of fact, the fall trip leaves next Saturday. There are 10 of us going. We don't set tire on Interstates, no fast food, no restaurant chains. Mom and pop places all the way. We do lots of other stuff, spend a week at Daytona for watching races and doing demo rides at Bike Week and Fall Cycle Scene. So yea, I dig groups and group rides
Anybody near/in central Florida wanting to join in, go to Central Florida Cycle Riders on Face Book and sign on. Once there, check out the photos and photo albums!
Look forward to you joining in the fun![]()
Sorry, I think you're going to need to come into at least the 20th centuryLOL
The "eye witness" testimony is interesting. When was the last time you saw cruisers going "airborne"? Not exactly sure what she was trying to say.The ferret_imp said:The "eye witness" testimony is interesting. When was the last time you saw cruisers going "airborne"? Not exactly sure what she was trying to say.DGShannon_imp said:The "eye witness" testimony is interesting. When was the last time you saw cruisers going "airborne"? Not exactly sure what she was trying to say.The ferret_imp said:This just happened here yesterday
http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news...n-cincinnati-brookville-road-in-butler-county
Most likely since they were on a curvy road, since some went down, others came around a curve at speed and with nowhere to go hit the downed cycles which launched them upwards.hence the bikes going airborne. Just a guess on my part though.
Even though I like and participate in a lot of group rides, I do avoid those charity events. Too many people, inexperienced in the group ride dynamic. I just give 'em some cash and pass on the ride thing !The "eye witness" testimony is interesting. When was the last time you saw cruisers going "airborne"? Not exactly sure what she was trying to say.Motogeezer1949_imp said:No problem my friend.
I have a good friend and fellow rider who is in IT for a global network provider who has helped me with my settings. Interestingly, though I am not technologically capable, I have seemed to acquire many geek friends who know their stuff. I guess I help them in areas they need assistance and they help me. I think one would have to give up their computer altogether to not be exposed to some negative aspects of online social intercourse.
That said, the FB route is easy to use for all manner of socialization, almost everyone uses it, and having to repeat or duplicate information elsewhere is time consuming (for me anyway).
Maybe someone will come up with an app that will forward FB information one could subscribe to without perceived risk. In the meantime, let's ride!
The "eye witness" testimony is interesting. When was the last time you saw cruisers going "airborne"? Not exactly sure what she was trying to say.The ferret_imp said:The "eye witness" testimony is interesting. When was the last time you saw cruisers going "airborne"? Not exactly sure what she was trying to say.DGShannon_imp said:The "eye witness" testimony is interesting. When was the last time you saw cruisers going "airborne"? Not exactly sure what she was trying to say.The ferret_imp said:This just happened here yesterday
http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news...n-cincinnati-brookville-road-in-butler-county
Most likely since they were on a curvy road, since some went down, others came around a curve at speed and with nowhere to go hit the downed cycles which launched them upwards.hence the bikes going airborne. Just a guess on my part though.
Most likely since they were on a curvy road, since some went down, others came around a curve at speed and with nowhere to go hit the downed cycles which launched them upwards.hence the bikes going airborne. Just a guess on my part though.
A 200 bike charity ride sounds like trouble to meEven though I like and participate in a lot of group rides, I do avoid those charity events. Too many people, inexperienced in the group ride dynamic. I just give 'em some cash and pass on the ride thing !
Even though I like and participate in a lot of group rides, I do avoid those charity events. Too many people, inexperienced in the group ride dynamic. I just give 'em some cash and pass on the ride thing !
No offense taken though. I used to be an IT guy not too long ago, three years to be exact. I gave that up to pursue a family business. My title was PC/LAN Support tech for a Fortune 500 company (Ranked 247 in 2014). Big Corporation with a large network. Most of my friends were computer geeks, so I know about this Facebook. I just never liked it for many of the reasons Cormanus pointed out. Online social intercourse? That sort of thing is NOT my bag baby! Perhaps I am socially inept. Frankly I wouldn't mind if Facebook blows up today. I think it should.