Riding Gloves

zippooriginal_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Several years ago I came across a pair of unlined gloves riding gloves that I loved, more than I've had before or since. They had the thickest leather I've ever come across. Even in cold they were warmer than fleece lined cowhide gloves.
I've been searching for them ever since.
Thanks to the net I found a good replacement set.
These gloves are unlined but the thickest, made from elkskin and offer the best protection of any natural glove. I've rode with them in 100 degree temps, a little warm. Also I've rode with them in 26 degree temps and also a little cool, but far from freezing my fingers.
These are just all around great gloves. Their quality is top notch.
I prefer wrist length riding gloves but they also are available in gauntlets.
Check it out at FoxCreekLeather.com.
 
I have a Fox Creek leather jacket and their unlined deerskin gauntlet gloves. Quality stuff!
 
Fox Creek Leather is a neighbor of mine, good folks making good stuff. If y’all ever ride the Blue Ridge stop by their store.
 
Have been using the icon patrol waterproof gloves since mid summer. Theyve been great. Will be picking a lighter glove for this jext summer though.
 
I've bought gloves from chester jefferies before (UK handmade). They're definitely on the more expensive side since they're bespoke and hand crafted, but they're definitely great gloves. I've never purchased their motorcycle gloves, but I haven't found anything but praise for them.

Here's a winter style glove that has internal lining

https://www.chesterjefferies.co.uk/mens-gloves-the-jubilee/

I also picked up a pair of RSD gloves last year that I've fallen in love with. These gloves are comfortable but not the warmest option sub-50f temps.

https://www.rolandsands.com/product/113/gloves-peristyle/black
 
Gauntlets are the only way to go in the winter ( unless you have handlebar muffs) but those don't appear to have much of a gauntlet. Maybe enough though. Would have to try them on to see.
 
My Thinsulate lined leather gauntlets got cold and damp in the cold, so I carried a pair of insulated deerskin suede gloves in the tail bag so I could swap them out. I don't know the science behind it, but deerskin suede is much warmer than leather. Now that I have these new insulated deerskin suede gauntlets, I will wear them first and leave the leather ones in the tail bag.

My summer deerskin gloves are so soft, they wrap easily around the handle grips. I have heard they are also more abrasive resistant than leather. Fortunately I have never had to test that.
The ferret_imp said:
Gauntlets are the only way to go in the winter ( unless you have handlebar muffs) but those don't appear to have much of a gauntlet. Maybe enough though. Would have to try them on to see.
I bought a size XL pair. The gauntlet cuff is 2 1/2 inches long from the elastic below the thumb, and 3 1/2 inches from the elastic on the back of the glove. I put my leather jacket and the gloves on and stretched my arms about. The jacket cuffs remained inside the gloves.

I will have to wait until April to give them a road test. If they are not suitable for riding, they certainly will be warm and comfortable walking the local nature trail in the winter.
 
Back
Top