riding gear

scott will_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
i should invest in some, have been putting it off for sometime
wondering what you all like and where you buy
specifically the types of pants( kevlar denim, mesh , leather ) and how they fit compared to jeans( im a 36 waist and 32 inseam but even in 34 inseam jeans the bottoms ride up and flap in wind on bike
i need a good jacket as well, live in az so it needs to be able to transition for warmer weather
thx fellas
 
For me, I have a thin body so Dainese fits me well and is known for its quality and style.
Picture below shows Racing Jacket( although I have Spedio Mesh jacket for temps above 80), Kevlar jeans( leather on the way), Race-In boots and Carbon ST gloves.
All my gear came from Motorcycle Gear, Free Shipping & HD Video Reviews Online - RevZilla
e6edd5fbadfe2d2b058a952a88fc5eeb.JPG
 
I wear fairly protective gear in the form of a full-face helmet, gloves, and armored textile jacket (make sure liner is removable and there are vents that can be opened) all the time, and then sometimes also supplement those with leather chaps ($100-150) and riding boots. Depends a bit on how hot the temp is. The leather chaps would probably be the most economical purchase (make sure to get them long enough to drag when you are walking to avoid the high waters look) but they don't really protect your hind end. They also may not fit the retro UJM look and style of the CB. Or maybe they do. At some point I plan to investigate something like Draggin Jeans or Kevlar undergarments (padded/armored). You kind of need to figure out how much you are willing to spend. I also love Cycle Gear due to the selection in their local store. I also use Dennis Kirk, Motosport, and Rocky Mtn ATV for online, but with pants as opposed to gloves or jackets, it would probaby be best to shop where you can actually try them on and sit on bikes, etc.
 
Me, I am sporting the latest in style and function by wearing the TourMaster Draft Air 2.0

It is a lightweight jacket that has a liner to remove and then it is a mesh jacket perfect for those warmer days especially those of Arizona. And the liner is enough to protect even on the cool mornings like today when it was 49 degrees this morning.

It does come in a Red color offering to match or come close to the red of the bike.



Having not delved into the fashion world of riding pants as of yet. Just wearing my good old Carhartt Jeans.

Riding gloves of course, nothing fancy, and the Modular HJC SyMax 3 helmet in of course Hi-Viz green/yellow.
 
I wear a lot of Tourmaster/Cortech gear, and HJC helmets. It is middle of the road price wise, and I have gotten great service out of my Tourmaster/Cortech/HJC gear.

I buy a lot of my gear when it is on sale at Motorcyclegear.com

Great people and great service.
 
I had on the Sidi boots, Frank Thomas jacket and pants when I crashed the Griso. Broke my collar bone but the gear took all the abrasion, no damage to my clothes and the jacket is still useable. Small abrasion on the helmet (needs replacing,i it's out of service now) and the boots ended up with some scratches on a buckle. RH glove got tore up pretty good but my hand was fine.

Not sure if I could have avoided the bone break but no road rash and only minor bruising. I typically wear all the gear except the pants unless on a day ride.

I'm sold. :)
 
Anyone know of a decent, reasonably priced, pair of hot weather vented gloves with the seams sewn on the outside? All the ones I've tried have inside seams, which are annoyingly uncomfortable. :(
 
If you don't know what you want in riding gear I would buy from a motorcycle dealership. Most stock pretty nice stuff and you can try things on for fit. I've purchased over the net a time or two and found sizing way off.

Pants seem to be the challenge. I've been wearing chaps over street jeans and while not as good as dedicated riding pants I can't seem to find pants that fit my wide but short body. Chaps being leather, if you get the waist right you cut the legs off with scissors and you're done.
 
Took a chance, usually try things on at Revzilla in Philly, but they did not have size 48 Dainese Trophy Evo pants in stock, only the 50 which were too big.
Leather Motorcycle Pants - Alpinestars, Dainese Leather Pants - RevZilla
So ordered them direct from Dainese in Italy.
I'll keep them, the waist fits, but are a little tight in the legs, and even though hem is unfinished, would like them an inch or two longer, they also seem like hip huggers, oh well...will make do.
 
scott will_imp said:
i should invest in some, have been putting it off for sometime
wondering what you all like and where you buy
specifically the types of pants( kevlar denim, mesh , leather ) and how they fit compared to jeans( im a 36 waist and 32 inseam but even in 34 inseam jeans the bottoms ride up and flap in wind on bike
i need a good jacket as well, live in az so it needs to be able to transition for warmer weather
thx fellas
I have a black mesh jacket with zip out liner that is wind/water proof. Black kevlar pants that zip all the way up or down the sides. Both have armor where needed.
Bought last summer at the BMR RA rally for $250. Jacket zips to pants which makes for a good fit. Not the most stylish but it works for me. Both are First Gear.
 
I currently wear an Olympic Swtchback jacket (mesh/textile with CE armor) and Olympic mesh pants (also CE armor). Nothing super special in appearance, but they are well made. Considering switching to Icon gear as they have some pretty cool new styles that use D3O armor, which is lighter and more flexible, but still just as effective.
 
Firstfour_imp said:
Anyone know of a decent, reasonably priced, pair of hot weather vented gloves with the seams sewn on the outside? All the ones I've tried have inside seams, which are annoyingly uncomfortable. :(
Did you ever find the gloves you were looking for?
 
SanPete_imp said:
Firstfour_imp said:
Anyone know of a decent, reasonably priced, pair of hot weather vented gloves with the seams sewn on the outside? All the ones I've tried have inside seams, which are annoyingly uncomfortable. :(
Did you ever find the gloves you were looking for?
Not yet...:(
 
you look absolutely cool in your riding gear on your bike, do you consider being a movie star with your CB?

HikerToo_imp said:
For me, I have a thin body so Dainese fits me well and is known for its quality and style.
Picture below shows Racing Jacket( although I have Spedio Mesh jacket for temps above 80), Kevlar jeans( leather on the way), Race-In boots and Carbon ST gloves.
All my gear came from Motorcycle Gear, Free Shipping & HD Video Reviews Online - RevZilla
e6edd5fbadfe2d2b058a952a88fc5eeb.JPG
 
Firstfour_imp said:
SanPete_imp said:
Firstfour_imp said:
Anyone know of a decent, reasonably priced, pair of hot weather vented gloves with the seams sewn on the outside? All the ones I've tried have inside seams, which are annoyingly uncomfortable. :(
Did you ever find the gloves you were looking for?
Not yet...:(
Not yet...:(
The ones I use are similar to the ones meowguy linked, a combination of leather and mesh. Here is a link: http://streetandsteel.com/Catalog/item.cfm?ItemsID=11f6c437-0960-4281-954f-c40e16a4f393
I absolutely love these gloves. You will not feel a stream of air going into them, but in the 90 degree temp and 90% humidity that we have experience here in florida my hands do not sweat or get hot. In fact, that might be the only part of my body that doesn't. They have touch screen technology as an added bonus. The bad: the opening is very narrow, it takes some wiggling to put them on. This is to prevent them from slipping off in a fall. The Good: I only paid $19 for them from Cycle Gear. I suggest you visit a Cycle Gear store. I know the nearest one to you might be in Jacksonville, but they usually have a basket full of last years gloves at a discounted price where you can try them and decide which one fits you best. Good Will Hunting!
PS: Cycle Gear will match the lowest price that you can find on any of their apparel (as long as you have proof)
 
Thanks, guys. Great suggestions, I'll check them out. :thanks:

It is kinda tough buying things like gloves, boots, helmets, etc. by mail - you never know about fit on stuff like that. Jackets and what all, close enough is good enough.
 
cbdtran_imp said:
you look absolutely cool in your riding gear on your bike, do you consider being a movie star with your CB?

HikerToo_imp said:
For me, I have a thin body so Dainese fits me well and is known for its quality and style.
Picture below shows Racing Jacket( although I have Spedio Mesh jacket for temps above 80), Kevlar jeans( leather on the way), Race-In boots and Carbon ST gloves.
All my gear came from Motorcycle Gear, Free Shipping & HD Video Reviews Online - RevZilla
e6edd5fbadfe2d2b058a952a88fc5eeb.JPG
[/QUOTE]

:-) Funny you ask, I sent that photo in to a Revzilla/Dainese photo contest but was not picked for the final round, I have since added Dainese leather pants, maybe that will help next time! And a silver full face helmet.
 
For me, gear selection is not complete without consideration for visibility. I wear a white helmet and a hi-viz vest over my black leather jacket. It's better to be noticed, and hopefully avoid a collision, than it is to put the rest of the gear to use scrubbing the pavement.
 
Back
Top