Ride up to Snowbird

Whoops

Been there
Thread starter
After experiencing some unusually warm winter weather, I took a chance on the road up to Snowbird Ski Resort being snow and ice free so I could get a picture for the monthly photo challenge. Note to future self, don’t go up at such a time when you will be coming down with all the skiers leaving the resort. 15 minutes up, 1 hour 15 minutes to get back down.

I also wanted to experiment with placement of my external lavalier mic to capture engine and exhaust sounds to get rid of the overpowering wind noise that a chin mounted GoPro inevitably experiences. It did okay, I guess. It picked up a lot of chain noise however, and made the shifting sound quite a bit louder and clunkier. It also seemed to loose the crisp pop of the exhaust too and at times sounded like the volume overwhelms the mic. At least the wind noise seems to be gone though which means my foam baffle appears to be doing its job.


 
Looked like a nice ride, what state is that?

Its funny the whole ride up you could be starring at that traffic on the other side going "cuss I gotta be in that on the way home" haha

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Thread starter
mvk24_imp said:
Looked like a nice ride, what state is that?

Its funny the whole ride up you could be starring at that traffic on the other side going "cuss I gotta be in that on the way home" haha

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
The thought occurred to me quite early, but perhaps this was the trailing end of the rush down I was passing. As I kept going up I realized that I was deluding myself and it was already too late. Utah by the way. Here to be precise.

Google Maps
 
Looked like beautiful country thats for sure.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Nice video to see your ride, hear your bike. I want to explore Utah a lot more. But yeah, ski traffic. I've had a number of unpleasant returns from Mt. Hood after a fun day of skiing. One car sliding into another, and now the hour drive home takes 3 or 4.
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
Whoops: In some instances of the video, what is with all the "rural" congestion in the opposite direction?
That traffic consists primarily of the skiers that are leaving the resort for the day. It was about 4:30 PM which is about the time the lifts stop operating and everyone heads home/back to their hotels in the city.
 
Whoops_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Whoops: In some instances of the video, what is with all the "rural" congestion in the opposite direction?
That traffic consists primarily of the skiers that are leaving the resort for the day. It was about 4:30 PM which is about the time the lifts stop operating and everyone heads home/back to their hotels in the city.
That makes sense.
 
Back
Top