Ride through pine forests

gcarper_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Riding through some pine forests south of Gaffney SC. Temps in the low 60s and cloudless sky. You hear my half of the conversations Charley and I have. Love those G4 headsets. Working on getting both sides of the conversations. Play in HD, don't know why YouTube doesn't start videos that way. You have to click on the little wheel on the bottom right.

 
Nice...and nice looking weather. I see your voltmeter is still acting up. They ever find out what is wrong?
 
Nice one, gcarper. Look forward to being able to hear Charlie. He made you laugh a fair bit.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Nice...and nice looking weather. I see your voltmeter is still acting up. They ever find out what is wrong?
The battery was shot, replaced under warranty. Plugged in a digital voltmeter with the heated jacket and gloves. It showed 13 volts, turned on the grip heaters and it dropped to 12.5--barely staying ahead. The light blinks because I have the jacket and gloves turned down from max. Warm enough that day to do that. My riding friend Charley in the video has a Gold Wing 1500 also and he said it acts the same. Can't supply enough amps to run 2 people in heated gear. Sad.
 
Do you have the 90 watt jacket? The CB's alternator is not exactly a power house.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Do you have the 90 watt jacket? The CB's alternator is not exactly a power house.
Yes, I do have a 90 watt jacket, I think the gloves are 6 or 7 watts each. Thought about a 65 watt jacket but some times the 90 is straining to keep me warm during the morning at this time of year. And with a controller just turn it down when I and the temps warm up.
 
Yea I have the 90 watt jacket too, but I haven't worn it on the CB yet.
 
28 amps! That is sad. My 24 year old BMW K75 had 32 amps until Saturday when as part of my rebuild project I upgraded it to 50 amps. The BMW will be the long distance tour bike and the CB will be the day ride. A perfect combo.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Well I imagine Honda asked itself what kind of use would the CB get and couldn't imagine anyone needing more than 28 amps... A fairly common figure for Honda motorcycles that aren't Goldwings.
 
gcarper, which brand of intercom system are you using? I have been researching this lately for when my wife rides and also for music listening. I've looked at Sena 10 and the new 20S Sena.
 
Back
Top