physics-teacher_imp
Running like a top
Thread starter
Just got back from a 100 mile ride over some of my favorite roads, including a piece of the Pig Trail. Just installed the Traxxion kit for our (standard) bike which costs $300 plus $19 postage. For my type of banzai riding it was definitely worth it. It doesn't give you a featherbed ride if that's what you're looking for, nor does it make your bike oblivious to large bumps and dips. What it does do, and does very well, is get rid of front end dive on braking without using any preload at all. It REALLY shines over rippled pavement, the kind that used to set my front end vibrating like a jackhammer no matter what preload I used. When the rippled pavement occurs right before or during a corner, one can now hold speed pretty much oblivious to nerve-shattering shaking of the front end. I mean to say, the front end is no longer bouncing up and down and shaking your confidence. I guess the best description of the quality you are buying is much better pavement holding; you feel really planted and secure and can lean it over with a lot more confidence. It does raise your ride height somewhat, but that means it's going to be really hard to touch down those peg feelers. I haven't done it yet and no one I have ridden with would call my style conservative.
If you want to amaze your friends in the corners, this is a very good investment.
If you want to amaze your friends in the corners, this is a very good investment.