Ride & Ferry

Bradford_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
This past weekend will probably be my last longer ride of the year. From Vancouver I rode to Horseshoe Bay for the 2ish hour ferry trip in to Nanaimo on Vancouver Island, then a quick 1 hour ride up island in the rain. Returned December 1 (can’t believe I’m still riding in December) in the cold (5 Celsius) but dry conditions
 
Very nice! Last 2 summers I've ridden around Vancouver Island a bit. 2 years ago it was on the CB1100 and this last summer on a loaned BMW1200. Both times, spent the night in Nanaimo, a fun town. Although I think I prefer the summer months!
 
Thread starter
pdedse_imp said:
Very nice! Last 2 summers I've ridden around Vancouver Island a bit. 2 years ago it was on the CB1100 and this last summer on a loaned BMW1200. Both times, spent the night in Nanaimo, a fun town. Although I think I prefer the summer months!
Definitely visit only in the summer months when the weather is warm and the beaches are inviting. The current price one way on the ferry for rider and motorcycle is about $50. The best part is that motorcycles are first on and first off.
 
Back
Top