Ride across the USA

Django

I also had not been following your thread and just saw it today.
I noticed you would be traveling thru Arkansas on part of your trip.
if you are going to pass thru Mississippi and Alabama I could suggest some routes ( Natchez Trace in MS and good backroads to BARBER MOTORSPORTS, possibly the largest and finest motorcycle museum in AMERICA)
I split time between Jackson, MS and Birmingham, AL while I'm in the process of selling the MS house.
You'd be welcome to spend the night at either site if you pass by either location
Hope you have a great trip.
 
I've taken 66 from Catfish Paradise (on the AZ/CA border) through Oatman to Kingman Oatman is a hoot. A very tired old mining ghost town that is now a tourist trap with "wild" burro's that come down from the hills during the day to mooch off the tourists.

This was in May and I was so dehydrated I skipped the rest of 66 and rode directly to Williams to my hotel. So I'm not really sure what sort of tourist traps (aka attractions) await you there. Williams is a nice town. We do some dog agility trials there from time to time and I enjoy the place. Your distances are pretty short, you just may end up scooting over to the campground at the Canyon. My wife has not scheduled anything for those dates so if I survive the up and coming dual sport ride I might make the ride up. :)
 
Thread starter
@Mscb1100: I plan to go from Ozark National Forest to Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum. I would really appreciate some input on which routes to take, especially backroads. I wouldn't like to ride those 500 miles distance along the interstate. I also thought about riding the Natchez Trace. However, my direction looks more like crossing it instead of following it.

@Roe: Would be a pleasure to meet you!


81eeaedf0747270651c767aad390b5c5.png
 
Won’t be able to do the scouting trip as mentioned above: I’m the senior executive assistant to a pure bred Jack Russell/Blue Heeler Hybrid (anything else is just a dog) whose in the end stages of her life. She’s having a bad couple of days. I had planned really to just see the Burr Trail section of gravel and get a ride in. I know the area and roads well. I’ll stay home , keep an eye on the boss and just hang around the forum.

Django: I plan to meet up with you on Main Street in Escalante in the PM on the 14th. Look for the CB. If you get there early don’t worry. Find shade and a beer and keep your cell phone handy. Out in that area reception can be spotty. I’ll be riding from the east over the Boulder Plateau. I WILL be there. A mans only as good as his word.

Forgot to mention: Pm me the phone number you’ll be using in the USA.
 
Django_imp said:
@Mscb1100: I plan to go from Ozark National Forest to Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum. I would really appreciate some input on which routes to take, especially backroads. I wouldn't like to ride those 500 miles distance along the interstate. I also thought about riding the Natchez Trace. However, my direction looks more like crossing it instead of following it.

@Roe: Would be a pleasure to meet you!


81eeaedf0747270651c767aad390b5c5.png
Sounds good
 
Django_imp said:
dbarkdoll_imp said:
Do you have any dates hashed out for Arkansas? I will need to ask off for work ASAP.
We could meet in the evening of Monday, June 24 and then ride 2-3 days (Tuesday to Thursday).

Where would we meet?

2ad41a54f9af0dccbcfe9da5f805ec91.png
I'm sorry Django, but there's been a change of plans for me. I will not be able to join you on those dates. I'll be following this thread though and hope you have an amazing time in the Ozarks. Do not hesitate to reach out to me with any questions or if you need help with anything.
 
I can tell that I'm not the only one getting excited-by-proxy by Django's trip and the various meet-ups on route!

Just wish I was on the continent and could join in. Oh how I would join in - .like meet Django at the start, ride with you the whole way and say goodbye at the end!! :D
 
Thread starter
@Daniel: Too bad, but it was worth a try. May be, we meet next time... :hello: I learned a lot and got some valuable hints from your seat time report anyway.

@Bazbro: :beerchug:
 
Django_imp said:
@Daniel: Too bad, but it was worth a try. May be, we meet next time... :hello: I learned a lot and got some valuable hints from your seat time report anyway.

@Bazbro: :beerchug:
It is too bad. I was looking to forward to meeting and riding with you. I had to seize an opportunity to take some time off that week for another ride I'm planning, sort of a training run for an even bigger ride I'm planning this fall. I will start a new thread for it in Seat Time when the time comes closer.
 
However I do have Wednesday through Friday off that week now. If my plans to go out west fall through I will come up and ride with you. I will let you know.
 
Django
Looking forward to meeting you in Birmingham.
I ll pm my address to you later tonight.
I’m still working on routes from Ozark Natl Park to Birmingham.
I’m working at Barbers next weekend and will try and get you a comped admission ticket
 
I don’t know about Birmingham, but when I bought the ST1300 in ‘14 I rode across Sweet Home Alabama on US 80 and Alabama was totally beautiful. I wanted to just pull over and homestead it was so nice. But, I figured the landowners wouldn’t take kindly to that :)

Django, do post some pics of the trip and keep us updated during it.
 
Thread starter
Sure I will keep you updated here in the forum. Also I want to log in my blog: Django Tours

Just got the info from Lufthansa, that my flight would be open for online check-in.

579457b58a856f41f3d5b8d56023fefe.png
 
Thread starter
I'm in LA, got the Bike, rode a bit. Everything is fine. I'm just very tired

Gesendet von meinem Moto G Play mit Tapatalk
 
Welcome to the USA! I hope you get the chance to rest up so that you can fully appreciate your trip. Now all that work you did to prepare for this trip will begin to pay off.
 
C'mon.... Places to go, people to see!! (joking) :D

Yes, transatlantic flying is tiring. Better rest up… before you get going - you don't want an "incident" caused through tiredness.

Have fun! :)
 
Back
Top