the Ferret
Road warrior
I stop for all small town hardware stores!:biker:pdedse_imp said:I stop for all small town hardware stores!:biker:The ferret_imp said:I can, but it's all about time and money. I'm from Kansas originally, but haven't lived there since I was 18. When I get to travel the midwest I love taking my time along the backroads...the seemingly endless fields, the "nothing out there" look, the small town funkiness--makes me feel at home. But if you got to "get there by..." then it's no fun.pdedse_imp said:I can, but it's all about time and money. I'm from Kansas originally, but haven't lived there since I was 18. When I get to travel the midwest I love taking my time along the backroads...the seemingly endless fields, the "nothing out there" look, the small town funkiness--makes me feel at home. But if you got to "get there by..." then it's no fun.The ferret_imp said:I dont mind superslab in rural america, only in and around major cities, even then mostly at " rush hour" when it doesn't rush at all. Personally I'd rather slab it to the next thing I really want to see, than to ride thru yet another typical small town with stop lights and their own traffic issues. Can't imagine going all the way across this country on back roads only.
On the flip side, after 30 minutes, I grow weary of curvy, forest-covered mountain riding--can't see anything because of the darn trees, and it all looks the same!
On the flip side, after 30 minutes, I grow weary of curvy, forest-covered mountain riding--can't see anything because of the darn trees, and it all looks the same!
:rofl: that's great. That's how I feel about fields. Sure you can see further, but there is nothing to see but more wheat/corn/beans/sunflowers (take your pick). I live in a funky small midwestern town and ride thru them every day on my rides I know what a stop light, a stop sign or hardware store or post office looks like. That is what I am trying to get away from when I go someplace.
Different strokes![]()
![]()
:rofl: I've ridden thru 42 states in the last 49 years (first out of state trip was 1969 to Indiana on a CB 350) and I have NEVER stopped in a hardware store on a trip that I recall. My son stopped in one about 5 years ago on a trip to the U.P. of Michigan when a bolt fell out of his muffler clamp on his FZ-1 Yamaha, but I stayed in the motel while he went.
