PowerDubs_imp said:
Nope. Only if superslab the whole way, but then what is the point?
If I’m going all highway, I’m taking my W12 Phaeton and putting my foot down.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, I guess it depends on what your objectives are. For me, I had a limited amount of time and certain non-negotiable points of interest - Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Graceland, BRP, Six Flags New England, New Brunswick to visit family - once I plotted those on a map it was clear that highway travel was necessary.
For me this was a bucket list trip as I was deploying to Afghanistan for 8 months immediately following my trip and there were no guarantees that I would be coming back or what shape I would be in if I did. Given the fact that I was wounded twice and can barely ride now I guess I wasn't wrong.
Also, I'm not as adverse to "slab" riding as some on here seem to be. Sometimes there is nothing I love more than a 1000km day ride and statistically speaking there are far less accidents on the highway.
You have a Phaeton? There can't be many of those around, Canada only got around 100 total IIRC.