Review on Seth Laam Custom Seat

CIP57_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Just returned from a 150mi ride this morning. Not an iron butt run but enough for a good review.

Workmanship:
Seat is perfectly balanced and the vinyl and seams is much better than stock. The look of the seat is much richer. Its on the original seat pan so no issues with fit. After discussion with Seth I decided to go with vinyl because i use a tunnel bag which would show less wear than leather. Under his recommendation i also went with seams on top instead of smooth which gives a bit more. I like the looks of the seat more than my stock seat. If you didn't know the bike you would think it came with a great looking seat. Please feel free to be honest with your opinion.

Comfort:
Amazing!! I felt the same after the ride as i did before i left. Usually about 50-70 miles in I'm feeling discomfort. Don't understand why Honda doesn't put concave seats on touring bikes. Its firmer than stock but not as hard as a Corbin. Bumps are encouraged, in plants you deeper into the pocket.

Edit: the cost was $ 284.00

What more can i say the guy knows how to make a seat comfortable.
 
Thread starter
HikerToo_imp said:
I guess like the Corbin, it encourages you to sit back a little from the tank, kinda into the "pocket" of the seat?
Mine is up 1 1/2 inches from stock. You tape out the back and sides for the perfect pocket. That's why i didn't go with Corbin, i have had 4 seats made by them and they always go back for adjustments. This is a very personal fitting with pic's. Pocket is right were it should be.
 
CIP57_imp said:
Just returned from a 150mi ride this morning. Not an iron butt run but enough for a good review.

Workmanship:
Seat is perfectly balanced and the vinyl and seams is much better than stock. The look of the seat is much richer. Its on the original seat pan so no issues with fit. After discussion with Seth I decided to go with vinyl because i use a tunnel bag which would show less wear than leather. Under his recommendation i also went with seams on top instead of smooth which gives a bit more. I like the looks of the seat more than my stock seat. If you didn't know the bike you would think it came with a great looking seat. Please feel free to be honest with your opinion.

Comfort:
Amazing!! I felt the same after the ride as i did before i left. Usually about 50-70 miles in I'm feeling discomfort. Don't understand why Honda doesn't put concave seats on touring bikes. Its firmer than stock but not as hard as a Corbin. Bumps are encouraged, in plants you deeper into the pocket.

Edit: the cost was $ 284.00

What more can i say the guy knows how to make a seat comfortable.
Targeted demographics lack of buttocks mass? :blush:
 
CIP57_imp said:
Just returned from a 150mi ride this morning. Not an iron butt run but enough for a good review.

Workmanship:
Seat is perfectly balanced and the vinyl and seams is much better than stock. The look of the seat is much richer. Its on the original seat pan so no issues with fit. After discussion with Seth I decided to go with vinyl because i use a tunnel bag which would show less wear than leather. Under his recommendation i also went with seams on top instead of smooth which gives a bit more. I like the looks of the seat more than my stock seat. If you didn't know the bike you would think it came with a great looking seat. Please feel free to be honest with your opinion.

Comfort:
Amazing!! I felt the same after the ride as i did before i left. Usually about 50-70 miles in I'm feeling discomfort. Don't understand why Honda doesn't put concave seats on touring bikes. Its firmer than stock but not as hard as a Corbin. Bumps are encouraged, in plants you deeper into the pocket.

Edit: the cost was $ 284.00

What more can i say the guy knows how to make a seat comfortable.
My seat from Seth has worked out great, gets more comfortable with each ride.
 
I don't think the look suits the style of the bike like the original, but it probably would suit your butt better. It is a good looking seat and the price is killer.
 
Thread starter
Jwayne_imp said:
CIP57_imp said:
Just returned from a 150mi ride this morning. Not an iron butt run but enough for a good review.

Workmanship:
Seat is perfectly balanced and the vinyl and seams is much better than stock. The look of the seat is much richer. Its on the original seat pan so no issues with fit. After discussion with Seth I decided to go with vinyl because i use a tunnel bag which would show less wear than leather. Under his recommendation i also went with seams on top instead of smooth which gives a bit more. I like the looks of the seat more than my stock seat. If you didn't know the bike you would think it came with a great looking seat. Please feel free to be honest with your opinion.

Comfort:
Amazing!! I felt the same after the ride as i did before i left. Usually about 50-70 miles in I'm feeling discomfort. Don't understand why Honda doesn't put concave seats on touring bikes. Its firmer than stock but not as hard as a Corbin. Bumps are encouraged, in plants you deeper into the pocket.

Edit: the cost was $ 284.00

What more can i say the guy knows how to make a seat comfortable.
My seat from Seth has worked out great, gets more comfortable with each ride.
My seat from Seth has worked out great, gets more comfortable with each ride.
Thx J for the contact it worked out well.
The ferret_imp said:
I don't think the look suits the style of the bike like the original, but it probably would suit your butt better. It is a good looking seat and the price is killer.
I hear you Mickey, but its has to fit my ass:)
 
Thread starter
HikerToo_imp said:
I guess like the Corbin, it encourages you to sit back a little from the tank, kinda into the "pocket" of the seat?
Here's a pic of the corbin and my seat, you can see off the frame and side cover the pocket difference of about 2 1/2 inches.

 
Seat looks great. Does Seth have a web site? It looks like you sit lower on the Lamm seat, is that correct? Would the price vary much with leather?
 
Thread starter
Red1100_imp said:
Seat looks great. Does Seth have a web site? It looks like you sit lower on the Lamm seat, is that correct? Would the price vary much with leather?
Website
Laam Custom Seats
You sit lower but reach to the ground is about the same because of the width of the seat. Leather is about $100.00 more.
 
I have just over 500 miles on my Seth Laam Custom Seat and believe this guy has nailed the right look and the right feel for this bike. I have purchased other custom seats from other suppliers and some look really cool but are hard as rock. Seth has the experience to make your seat and the CB1100 work together as one. I was not surprised by the workmanship after spending some time with Seth on the phone. If you order a Seth Laam seat for your four banger you will not be disappointed. My normal days ride is about 150 miles and while this is not a Goldwing seat - it is certainly light years more comfortable than the OEM seat.
Take care my friends.
Michael Neal
 
Thread starter
mike neal_imp said:
I have just over 500 miles on my Seth Laam Custom Seat and believe this guy has nailed the right look and the right feel for this bike. I have purchased other custom seats from other suppliers and some look really cool but are hard as rock. Seth has the experience to make your seat and the CB1100 work together as one. I was not surprised by the workmanship after spending some time with Seth on the phone. If you order a Seth Laam seat for your four banger you will not be disappointed. My normal days ride is about 150 miles and while this is not a Goldwing seat - it is certainly light years more comfortable than the OEM seat.
Take care my friends.
Michael Neal
He does make a very comfortable seat. Had mine done the end of the riding season last year, looking forward to some ass pain free miles this year.
 
Vinyl. It seems to make more sense in Phoenix. Leather seems to take a beating.
But hey, I could change my mind once he gets the seat. :)
 
It's Red1100's picture from last year.
 
Back
Top