Reverse shifting

Elevenminusoneblade_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hello everyone.

Quick question:
Is it possible to modify the shifting linkage on a 2017 to GP shifting?

I did a search. There were two comments and they were both regarding a 2013/14. One was that there are aftermarket rear sets which allow it and the other was that he had made the switch but changed it back because of ergomatics.

Thanks!
Nate
 
Elevenminusoneblade_imp said:
Hello everyone.

Quick question:
Is it possible to modify the shifting linkage on a 2017 to GP shifting?

I did a search. There were two comments and they were both regarding a 2013/14. One was that there are aftermarket rear sets which allow it and the other was that he had made the switch but changed it back because of ergomatics.

Thanks!
Nate
It should be either no problem at all, or with slight modification to the shift lever itself. If you flip the shift arm over, you should be able to adjust the connecting shaft to a comfortable position.
 
Thread starter
yes, that's what I think too and it's exactly what I did to my Ducati. It looks like it shouldn't be a problem. I'm hoping someone says, "hey, yeah, I did it. It worked fine."
 
Elevenminusoneblade_imp said:
yes, that's what I think too and it's exactly what I did to my Ducati. It looks like it shouldn't be a problem. I'm hoping someone says, "hey, yeah, I did it. It worked fine."
Not too many people want to run a reversed pattern. Only takes a 10mm wrench to remove one bolt. Let us know how it works.
 
Thread starter
pekingduck_imp said:
Elevenminusoneblade_imp said:
yes, that's what I think too and it's exactly what I did to my Ducati. It looks like it shouldn't be a problem. I'm hoping someone says, "hey, yeah, I did it. It worked fine."
Not too many people want to run a reversed pattern. Only takes a 10mm wrench to remove one bolt. Let us know how it works.
Not too many people want to run a reversed pattern. Only takes a 10mm wrench to remove one bolt. Let us know how it works.

Ha! Well I was kinda hoping to get this ironed-out before buying one...I guess we'll see. How about this: if anyone here has both a 2013/14 and a 2017, could you take a good hard look at the linkage and tell me if they look the same? Maybe post a photo of each? If they're the same, well then problem solved.

Nate
 
Oh, sorry Nate. I thought you'd already bought the bike. In comparing 2013-14 with 2017, shift linkage geometry looks the same. Anyone with a 2017 who can take some close-ups of the shifter?
 
Back
Top