Retro reviews

Lighter feeling
Seems to pull harder but I don’t think it’s quicker per se
No where near as smooth as the Honda

I love em both about the same
 
My younger brother has a T-120 I have the CB 1100. They both run exactly the same, same gear, same speed same revs when we ride together. Mine is smoother, his throbs from the 270 degree motor. he likes that. I like the smoother Honda. We are different, our bikes our different, but both perform about the same.

67b9991b5ccf50ac34cb8356240a31a0.jpg
 
Thread starter
To me, the T120 has more leg room and is more comfortable for the taller rider. It *is* shaky at idle, which I don't like, but the sound pulling away is nice.

I think on these retros the first thing you have to decide is whether you want a 4 cylinder or 2 cylinder. There are only two 4 cylinders, I think, the CB1100 and the kawasaki Z900RS. Both are cramped for the taller rider.

If you go two cylinder then you have to decide if you are okay with a dry clutch. If not that eliminates the BMW and the Moto Guzzis.
 
postoak_imp said:
To me, the T120 has more leg room and is more comfortable for the taller rider. It *is* shaky at idle, which I don't like, but the sound pulling away is nice.

I think on these retros the first thing you have to decide is whether you want a 4 cylinder or 2 cylinder. There are only two 4 cylinders, I think, the CB1100 and the kawasaki Z900RS. Both are cramped for the taller rider.

If you go two cylinder then you have to decide if you are okay with a dry clutch. If not that eliminates the BMW and the Moto Guzzis.
I like all four! I do feel big on both the CB and T120, however, the CB carries extremely well and is too hard to ignore. I didn't feel as big on the Griso and RnineT, but found them to be a less upright position.

I felt a bit like riding a Tic-Tac on the Z900RS.
 
postoak_imp said:
Are you saying you felt too big on the Z900RS?
Essentially, a wee bit more fetal-like compared to the CB.

- - -

The ideal size for me is likely something like the Africa Twin, as adventure-hideous as it appears.
 
Harping on slightly on the retro style i looked at a 50st anniversary version today, never saw it before although it has been out for a bit.
It looks a bit brighter than the first post by G.O. and although it's not anywhere near the class of our cb's it's probably the closest to the old beemer on which it's modelled, missing are the fifty panels and aerofoils of the "transformer" look, here it is and i managed to find a yt link without funky sound;
 
max_imp said:
Harping on slightly on the retro style i looked at a 50st anniversary version today, never saw it before although it has been out for a bit.
It looks a bit brighter than the first post by G.O. and although it's not anywhere near the class of our cb's it's probably the closest to the old beemer on which it's modelled, missing are the fifty panels and aerofoils of the "transformer" look, here it is and i managed to find a yt link without funky sound;
Still an incredible showcase ... I think it is a nice find max.
 
Back
Top