Replacing tires with Pirelli Angel GT what sizes?

gretle_2.0

First service completed
Thread starter
Hey guys I am going to be ordering new tires here soon and I think I want to go with a 160/60-18 rear like others have stated but I am wondering if I should go with a 110/80 or 120/70 for the front. I like to push the bike to its limits so is the handling a little slower with a bigger front tire or better? I just want the best handling for the bike.
 
I was happy with the 110/80 and 160/60 combination.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
I was happy with the 110/80 and 160/60 combination.
Me too, but I'm no road racer
 
I am soon to put tires on my EX, and I am not going larger than 150 on the rear, and stock size for the front. Going up one size in width is enough for me and I am not a fan of overly large rear tires on sleek bikes. I know a lot of Forum members run a 160 rear, but I still do not like the idea of going that much larger on a rim. I did go up to a 190/50 on the rear of my Z900RS, but that bike comes stock with a 180/55, so a 190 is not that much larger, and it looks good on that bike. Pixs coming soon. PS...used Pirelli Angel GT tires, and they feel so much softer!
 
Here is a 'big' Pirelli Angel GT, 190 mm wide on my Z900RS!

a79a15b56ac32b8ea6dc7c9977ad1197.jpg

 
michael1954_imp said:
Here is a 'big' Pirelli Angel GT, 190 mm wide on my Z900RS!

a79a15b56ac32b8ea6dc7c9977ad1197.jpg
That is the same tire size I had on my Aprilia. The bike carved corners beautifully, certainly better than my stock CB did.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
michael1954_imp said:
Here is a 'big' Pirelli Angel GT, 190 mm wide on my Z900RS!

a79a15b56ac32b8ea6dc7c9977ad1197.jpg
That is the same tire size I had on my Aprilia. The bike carved corners beautifully, certainly better than my stock CB did.
That is the same tire size I had on my Aprilia. The bike carved corners beautifully, certainly better than my stock CB did.
Same is true of the Z900RS versus the CB1100. I can lean way over more on the Kawasaki and not feel that the bike is going to climb into the corner or slip. It is made for fast corners! But not as smooth to ride as the Hondas. I still have a couple of mods to do the Z900RS. Remove the excess tubing and add block-off plates, add a fan switch to keep it on in the Hellish summers down here. After today, I am adding an extra horn off the DLX. Almost got hit by a high school kid coming out of the parking lot without even looking, or responding to my too quiet horn. Got pissed and told him to watch where he is f**king going. I know it was bad manners, but when you see your life flash by from some jerk-wad kid, who should not be driving almost hits you, well it was just instinct. Thank God I was going only about 15mph. The Z900RS handled well going off the road, and kept its head. The traction control the bike has worked well too. Glad I had new tires too!
 
I think you will be very happy with them. I know I am.
 
When he gets those Angels on his bike, it is "Retired." Unlike some of us who are "retired," the bike keeps rolling on.
 
Back
Top