Replacing tires with Pirelli Angel GT what sizes?

Does everyone think the Pirelli Angel GT are an improvement over the stock BT54s? My bike still has the stock tires and I haven't been impressed. They get sucked into any road groove or tar snake like crazy. Not confidence inspiring.
 
Kdogg2077_imp said:
Does everyone think the Pirelli Angel GT are an improvement over the stock BT54s? My bike still has the stock tires and I haven't been impressed. They get sucked into any road groove or tar snake like crazy. Not confidence inspiring.
I experienced the same road groove and tar snake behaviour with the BT54s. However, they also wore well with long mileage. I guess maybe a trade-off.
 
Kdogg2077_imp said:
Does everyone think the Pirelli Angel GT are an improvement over the stock BT54s? My bike still has the stock tires and I haven't been impressed. They get sucked into any road groove or tar snake like crazy. Not confidence inspiring.
I thought they were a HUGE improvement over the stock Bridgestones (and nearly as good as the Michelin PR3s that are no longer available, but the Angels don't last as long as the PR3s)
 
Hmm I guess I'll have to decide between tire life and performance.

I wish Honda had just put 17 inch wheels on this bike. That would not have harmed the classic looks but it would have made tire selection so much better. And tires are so important on a motorcycle.
 
Out of all three CB1100 this is how I would rate my tires:
#1 and undisputed champion is Michelin PR3, had 2-1/2 sets, 2013 & 2014 Std
#2 Dunlop Roadsmart III, had only in front with PR3 in rear
#3 Pirelli Angel GT, presently have in front, rear is Z8 - DLX
#4 Metzeler Z8, presently have in front and rear - 2014 Std
....
#... OEM Bridgestone, never had new and took possession of my bike when front 70% worn, rear 55% worn...not too happy.
 
Kdogg2077_imp said:
Does everyone think the Pirelli Angel GT are an improvement over the stock BT54s? My bike still has the stock tires and I haven't been impressed. They get sucked into any road groove or tar snake like crazy. Not confidence inspiring.
Practically everything is an improvement over those stock tires. But you dont reallyhave to choose between tire life and performance. I get a very good showing in both categories out of my Avon Spirit ST front and rear. Try those!
 
I have only ridden a short time on my Metzeler Z8s, and I am a pretty tame rider, but I really like them. The bike handles so good it's like I think and it goes. Can't talk about mileage, but they seem to get better the more I ride on them.
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Kdogg2077_imp said:
Does everyone think the Pirelli Angel GT are an improvement over the stock BT54s? My bike still has the stock tires and I haven't been impressed. They get sucked into any road groove or tar snake like crazy. Not confidence inspiring.
Practically everything is an improvement over those stock tires. But you dont reallyhave to choose between tire life and performance. I get a very good showing in both categories out of my Avon Spirit ST front and rear. Try those!
Practically everything is an improvement over those stock tires. But you dont reallyhave to choose between tire life and performance. I get a very good showing in both categories out of my Avon Spirit ST front and rear. Try those!
What size did you go with on the Avons?
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
160/60 in the rear and 120/70 in the front. All the best tires for our bike come in that size.
OK I'll probably give that a shot once I get paid again. Hopefully the dealer doesn't give me trouble over the non oem sizes.
 
They really shouldnt. Ive had 4 sets of 160/60 rear tires put on and never had anybody complain. As long as theyre not trying to do it by hand with spoons they shouldnt have an ossue.
 
My dealer didn’t care either. Just mounted them. Only the rear was oversize in my case, not that it matters.
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Out of all three CB1100 this is how I would rate my tires:
#1 and undisputed champion is Michelin PR3, had 2-1/2 sets, 2013 & 2014 Std
#2 Dunlop Roadsmart III, had only in front with PR3 in rear
#3 Pirelli Angel GT, presently have in front, rear is Z8 - DLX
#4 Metzeler Z8, presently have in front and rear - 2014 Std
....
#... OEM Bridgestone, never had new and took possession of my bike when front 70% worn, rear 55% worn...not too happy.
My 2014 white STD will need a front tire* change next season and would like to see pics of the front (only) Angel GT with planty of miles + comments to judge its wear uniformity, Ferret you are in charge here, please.
Not very pleased with the uneven wear of the front/110 Metzeler Z8*
* Made 24K kms since June 2021, thread depth still OK for next 6-12K kms, no commuting.

Good comparison, but GT II are not available in 18" :(
Tested: Pirelli Angel GT / GT II motorcycle tyres review
 
I got 10,504 miles out of my last set
 
I ended up with the Angel GTs recently. Went 160 on rear because no other sizes were available at the time. Wanted to go with stock size but nobody had them.
 
Be interested to hear how you find them, Frulk.
 
Back
Top