repair a broken zipper

Houtman_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
This spring I broke the moving part of my inner liner zipper on my Joe Rocket jacket.A new liner was about $50 and not exactly the same as I had in my jacket.I than came acroos a product called FixnZip to repair the zipper.They come in 3 different sizes and work great.The cost is about $10 each and I ordered a few from Aerostich.They are also available somewhere else and can safe you a lot of money repairing jackets,luggage,tents etc.Just make certain that you order the right size. Visit Home - FixnZip for details
 
Hey that's cool. Thanks for the link
 
well.. damn. I've got a bunch of various leathers and other things with broken zippers that I just could not bear to throw away or get motivated to take to a seamstress (what would a male seamstress be, a seamster ?). Now I know why I was procrastinating.. this is great !
 
furious_blue_imp said:
well.. damn. I've got a bunch of various leathers and other things with broken zippers that I just could not bear to throw away or get motivated to take to a seamstress (what would a male seamstress be, a seamster ?). Now I know why I was procrastinating.. this is great !
Better trademark that; Harley will scoop that up and make a line of Sportsters aimed at the garment manufacturing industry.
 
mrhonda1987_imp said:
furious_blue_imp said:
well.. damn. I've got a bunch of various leathers and other things with broken zippers that I just could not bear to throw away or get motivated to take to a seamstress (what would a male seamstress be, a seamster ?). Now I know why I was procrastinating.. this is great !
Better trademark that; Harley will scoop that up and make a line of Sportsters aimed at the garment manufacturing industry.
Better trademark that; Harley will scoop that up and make a line of Sportsters aimed at the garment manufacturing industry.
Ha !
Actually buried in some thread where water cooled heads on Harley engines came up, a link to an article on the patent that Harley has on it had within the comments section a great name that Harley really *should* trademark, that the new engine should be called, tada:

'The ShowerHead'

oh, priceless !
 
Isn't a male seamstress called a tailor?
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Isn't a male seamstress called a tailor?
oh, you're right !

I don't really know about such things, but I suspect that 'tailor' gets more respect than 'seamstress'.. From now on we should refer to all seamtress(es) as tailettes !

oops...
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Isn't a male seamstress called a tailor?
Technically a male seamstress is a seamster. Tailor is gender neutral and the job description is different than that of a seamstress/seamster. Tailors are capable of modifying and altering garments and formal wear. Seamsters mostly just sew based on patterns and templates. Tailor is definitely a more respected term as furious_blue suggested. I made the mistake of referring to my tailor (a female) as a seamstress and was quickly educated. They take a lot of pride in their trade so I can respect that.

 
The Spaceman_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Isn't a male seamstress called a tailor?
No, I think you call them "gay."
No, I think you call them "gay."
Joola: thanks for the anecdote about the female tailor, perhaps that will save me from committing the same faux pax some day...

As for male seamstress(es).. I remember seeing a documentary about how Ferrari's are made at the factory. The leather upholstery is all hand sewn.. Some of the guys shown doing the sewing looked like they were doing an intricate exacting task. I respect that.

I guess Corbin is a 'tailor' custom altering a stock seat to suit different needs,
while these Ferrari factory guys are 'seamsters' constructing seats from stock patterns

:-)
 
Back
Top