Removing stock mufflers?

Thread starter
Ron in MO_imp said:
Glad the install went well, Rob! If you think they sound good now, just wait until get broke in. They will sound even better!
Thanks, Ron! I wanted to ask you how/where exactly you cut the stock muffler covers?
 
Rebel73_imp said:
Ron in MO_imp said:
Glad the install went well, Rob! If you think they sound good now, just wait until get broke in. They will sound even better!
Thanks, Ron! I wanted to ask you how/where exactly you cut the stock muffler covers?
I used a Dremel with a cutting wheel to shape the covers then drilled a hole in a hose clamp, attached the hose clamp to the covers using a stainless steel bolt and nut, then hose clamped them in place.

Here are pictures of one cover off the bike:


[url=http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/ronsteinbruegge1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000001A3E_zpsvq0lyg04.jpg.html]

Pictures on the bike:
[url=http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/ronsteinbruegge1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/197BC3D5-DD60-4BF0-9DEF-F7D118846A9C_zpsig3ps7cv.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/ronsteinbruegge1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/BCB47731-E84F-4AC1-BA44-C0DFD085AD49_zpsj8vsxzxi.jpg.html]
 
Back
Top