Removing handlebars. Anyone have a DIY?

silascopathic_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Looking to remove my handle bars and replace them today. I'm sure ill figure it out but if anyone has a walk through that would help speed the process up a bit :)

Thanks!
 
Dont have a diy...if we had one that would be in the How To section. Believe it is very straightforward but you will have to drill pin locators for the switches in your new bars. Measure twice, or thrice, drill once.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Dont have a diy...if we had one that would be in the How To section. Believe it is very straightforward but you will have to drill pin locators for the switches in your new bars. Measure twice, or thrice, drill once.
Thanks man! The holes shouldn't be an issue its just removing the tops of the risers.

I'm sure I will get it :)
 
silascopathic_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Dont have a diy...if we had one that would be in the How To section. Believe it is very straightforward but you will have to drill pin locators for the switches in your new bars. Measure twice, or thrice, drill once.
Thanks man! The holes shouldn't be an issue its just removing the tops of the risers.

I'm sure I will get it :)
Thanks man! The holes shouldn't be an issue its just removing the tops of the risers.

I'm sure I will get it :)
those are just plastic caps that press into allen head bolts. I used a very small thin screw driver to lightly pry them up.
It would help to have something without sharp edges.
 
I just used my fingernail
 
Post a pic I'm interested, I kinda want different bars. What is the angle of the grip difference? I think I would like them to be swept back more.
 
I have tried four different handlebar set ups.
1.Superbike bars on stock risers. 2.Superbike
bars on aftermarket risers with Rox setbacks.
3. 919 bars on stock risers. 4. Stock risers turned
around (dots on risers turned towards tank)
with stock bars. Settled in #4. First two were
two close to tank (have scratches on silver stripe
to prove it). 919 Bars do not have enough leverage
to turn tall skinny 18 inch front wheel and hated
stock bars and risers until I turned the stock risers
around and pulled handlebars back a bit (read you
Could do this in Ultimate Motorcycles road test).
Next, work on the bun burner seat
 
Back
Top