The latch is behind the helmet lock. When you turn the key to unlock the helmet lock, you can now pull the lever BEHIND the lock (inside the bike) to unlatch the seat. Pull the lever and pull the seat back. Easy peezy, lemon squeezy.
Do you see where the key lock for the helmet holder is just beneath the LH side of the seat? Turn the key, then reach behind the lock and pull the small lever down while lifting up on the seat. - The first reply came as I was typing my reply.
Lesson for everyone in the ongoing seat removal saga. A bikes just a bike but any time I buy or borrow I ask the vendor /lender "Show me around it please".
There really is no such thing as a silly question. Sometimes the answers are not that smart though.
When the salesman was doing the walk around on my 13 he was going over it and said "it's 1 down and 5 up" and I had to correct him on that due to it only being a 5 speed. He stumbled a bit and then kept going. It was a bit funny and sad all at the same time.
When the salesman was doing the walk around on my 13 he was going over it and said "it's 1 down and 5 up" and I had to correct him on that due to it only being a 5 speed. He stumbled a bit and then kept going. It was a bit funny and sad all at the same time.
This thread made me smile because I had the same problem the day I took delivery. Nobody knew how to take the seat off. It had obviously been off while it was being serviced so the salesman went searching for the mechanic who came out and showed us how it was done
This thread made me smile because I had the same problem the day I took delivery. Nobody knew how to take the seat off. It had obviously been off while it was being serviced so the salesman went searching for the mechanic who came out and showed us how it was done
This thread made me smile because I had the same problem the day I took delivery. Nobody knew how to take the seat off. It had obviously been off while it was being serviced so the salesman went searching for the mechanic who came out and showed us how it was done
I had no problems removing the seat as my CB1000 has the same set up although the lock is a little more back and there is a nice storage area under neat the rear cowl.