Remembering when they use to smoke

Thread starter
Flynrider_imp said:
Last night I dreamed that I died. I went towards the bright light and as I passed through, I found myself in Tezza's garage. :P
:rofl:
-----------------

Tezza, nice collection :beerchug: :biker:
 
Gorgeous bikes Tezza. There were so many wonderful 2 strokes from that era. With today's technology it would seem possible to bring the 2 stroke back sans fog.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
Last night I dreamed that I died. I went towards the bright light and as I passed through, I found myself in Tezza's garage. :P
Which one did you ride first?
 
Yes, I remember when bikes smoked. I just bought a smoker yesterday. 1975 Suzuki TC185 with 560 miles!
Needs a blinker and the tach is getting some JB weld work done to it. Might need a tach cable dont know yet. It runs great and I like that it is a 12 volt system.

465befbe880783546bb11012e4907e49.jpg


125336de2ba1c9a112b9eebd858fb3ab.jpg


And of course the tires are dry rotted. Gonna put on some made in China trials tires.

Then just pound the thing! It has a super low dual range trans.
 
That's a handsome bike and it's in wonderful cosmetic condition. I remember when they came out a few years earlier. I was a young fan of Roger DeCoster and Joel Robert (on the factory Suzuki MX bikes) and loved the TC- models.

Here's my ex-'73 RD350. Pretty bike but I honestly don't miss it.

 
Rotten tires and all, I have been having a blast bombing this ring a dinger in my woods. All the squirrels hate me I am sure but they are fun to chase.
I have bought a blinker, two new tires and tubes, tach cable, and a service manual. Gonna put the tires on when the snow blows and bought a can of 1300 degree paint to do the the pipe. That's about it everything else works.

1cccfa5ad7058878e08df541d4be5f59.jpg


1028ad60292b3bb1a3afe607b0f1488f.jpg


71f70f210067e21d00ed0d545d574a0e.jpg


On a hard speed shift from 1st to 2nd in low range, it WILL lift the front tire a good 8 inches with my 210# at the helm! yowser!
 
Ole, when did you pick up the TC?

Looks very nice!
 
Hi Razor! Happy thanksgiving! A good friend of mine gave me his '74 Rd350. It sat in his garage for over 30 years. It was to be one of his projects when he retired. Well, he did retire and a month later was diagnosed with kidney cancer. I said to myself I could get this bike running again for him. Found all the parts to rebuild it from HVC cycle in Lincoln, Nebraska. With the help of a friend, we rebuilt the motor first overbore with new seals. The bike has j&r chambers on it. I brought the bike back to him and he sat and worked the throttle while I kicked it over. What a sound! What a moment! That Rd is super fast with the 6 speed and the front end just wants to lift off! It was the greatest gift I could give Rob. A month later, he passed away. The Rd is parked next to my Cb in the garage. My wife named the Rd "Old Smokey." :) Russ
 
Cooldrum, that's a great story. I'm sorry about Rob. Sometimes, life just really stinks.

Yep, HVC Cycle in Lincoln, NE. Actually had a chance to visit their shop a few years ago. Good folks. My '73 RD350 had a lot of HVC stuff inside it.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Ole, when did you pick up the TC?

Looks very nice!
last month the day after I sold the SuperHawk

I always have a project going it keeps me youthful

:hello:
 
Great job on the Yamaha , mine was an RD400 and loved the bike.
The Kow 900 is awesome .
You guys are welcome to send them south for the winter and i can send you pictures of them enjoying the weather and sleeping in climate control.
 
Back
Top