Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
art.. I took my rear directionals completely off, installed small hard bags, then mounted yellow LED's onto the hard bags .. works well.. the LED's will give you a hyper-flash (rapid blinking) but I like it ..ART_imp said:Has anyone moved there rear turn signals yet to make room for saddlebags? If so I am looking for a source to purchase what is needed to move mine. I am aware Samurider has a kit, but I was looking for something a little more local.

I'm not too sure about that G.O. .. I am drawing my opinion from other bikes that I have seen with the hyper-flash.. I didn't feel like a moth, drawn to the flame.. I have asked my friends that ride with me, their thoughts.. they have said the LED's were nice and bright and worked well .. none of them ran into the back of me !! .. of course, I ride a little faster than they do !! .. haha ... chuckk j.GoldOxide_imp said:Everyone will look at the hyper-flash like deer-in-the-headlights. Watch your butt at night.
- - -
Post a sample pic. Curious.
doc.. now you have got me thinking .. I have incorporated a beeper into my directionals.. right now I am recreating the beep-beep-beep in my mind.. I have heard it so often, I know it's pattern by heart.. I'm thinking it will fall right at the 120 flashes per minute.. maybe 2 pulses per second.. the location of the directionals fall within the acceptable parameters I believe .. I will try to post a pic later.. chuckk j.[/b]SportsterDoc_imp said:California has an administrative code, in addition to vehicle code (and penal code and health & welfare code, etc.)
Title 13, Division 2, Chapter 2, Article 7 is excerpted below.
§ 699. Turn Signal Lamps.
Turn signal lamps shall be mounted and operated as follows:
(a) ...Front and rear turn signal lamps on motorcycles shall be at least 23 cm (9 in.) apart, except that front turn signals on motorcycles manufactured after January 1, 1973, shall be at least 40 cm (16 in.) apart. Turn signal lamps on other vehicles shall be spaced as far apart as practical. The optical axis of the front turn signal lamp shall be at least 10 cm (4 in.), or as specified by FMVSS 108 in effect at the time of vehicle manufacture, from the inside diameter of the retaining ring of the lower beam headlamp unit, fog lamp unit or passing lamp unit. Additional turn signal lamps may be mounted closer than the 10 cm (4 in.) dimension provided the primary lamps equal or exceed that distance. Original equipment turn signals that emit two and one-half times the minimum candela requirements may be closer.
© Operation. Turn signal lamps visible to approaching or following drivers shall flash in unison, except that a turn signal consisting of two or more units mounted horizontally may flash in sequence from inboard to outboard. The lamps may be either extinguished simultaneously or lighted simultaneously. Turn signal lamps shall flash at a rate of 60 to 120 flashes per minute.
(d) Pilot Indicator. An effective visual signal operating at the same rate as the turn signal flasher shall be incorporated in the circuit to give clear and unmistakable indication to the driver that the turn signal lamps are turned on. Failure of one or more turn signals to operate shall be indicated by a steady-on, steady-off, or significant change in the flashing rate of the illuminated indicator, except on combinations of vehicles using a variable load flasher.
(f) Mounting Height. Required turn signal lamps shall be mounted at a height not less than 38 cm (15 in.) nor higher than 2.1 m (83 in.).
Flashing faster than two per second may be inviting a traffic stop.
doc, I am hoping to send a very short video of my directionals in operation.. now I use a beeper, connected to the directionals.. that slight current draw may slow down the hyper-flash a little .. chuckk j.SportsterDoc_imp said:Chuck, when I first installed LED turns on one of my Yamahas (before changing the flasher) they were close to 180 flashes per minute. I did not try it on the CB1100, since the front runs and turns are a single element with lower voltage for running lights.

thanks Peter .. chuckk j.[/b]peterbaron_imp said:This is Chuckk's project, not mine. I just post this clip for him
![]()
Chuckk_imp said:my choice will be "A" .. just ride it.. by the way, doc.. how were you able to count the f.p.m. .. an officer that counts my f.p.m. is the same kind of guy that makes you take down your fuzzy dice.. haha .. my biggest worry is getting caught speeding.. I ride the mountain roads mainly.. rarely I might run across a highway patrol or other law enforcement .. when I do, I usually find myself at their mercy.. twisty mountain roads and double yellow lines also can be an issue.. "those who are free from sin, cast the first stone" ..
chuckk j.
If you go up highway 33, past Ojai, during the week, the biggest concern are gravel and sand haulers over the double yellow line; but it is a great ride up to Lockwood Valley.Chuckk_imp said:my choice will be "A" .. just ride it.. by the way, doc.. how were you able to count the f.p.m. .. an officer that counts my f.p.m. is the same kind of guy that makes you take down your fuzzy dice.. haha .. my biggest worry is getting caught speeding.. I ride the mountain roads mainly.. rarely I might run across a highway patrol or other law enforcement .. when I do, I usually find myself at their mercy.. twisty mountain roads and double yellow lines also can be an issue.. "those who are free from sin, cast the first stone" ..
chuckk j.
There are so many great canyon rides in SoCal!Chuckk_imp said:doc, it seems the gravel trucks aren't taking 33 anymore.. my worries are those hay trucks!! .. meeting them in one of the tunnels.. their load is so high, they have to straddle the center line when going through the tunnels.. our small riding group of old guys favor riding during the week rides, when most all of the other riders are working.. our shortest loop is to the fire station.. longer, 200 milers will take us to pine mountain club or lunch at the buckhorn in new cuyama .. I love hwy 33...... chuck j.