reflectors

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
I know a lot of guys have removed the reflectors from the fork legs and lic plate bracket.

Just wondering.... Has anyone taken off the rear reflectors and not cut the brackets off? If not, did you just leave the bent slot hanging out there, or put something in the slot in the reflectors place??
 
The ferret_imp said:
I know a lot of guys have removed the reflectors from the fork legs and lic plate bracket.

Just wondering.... Has anyone taken off the rear reflectors and not cut the brackets off? If not, did you just leave the bent slot hanging out there, or put something in the slot in the reflectors place??
Simply remove the whole bracket (part #84701-MGC-A200) and set aside. It will only take a couple of minutes and it doesn't interfere with the taillight assembly at all. Use the two mounting holes for the bracket for your license plate. Simple and clean!
 
KennyB_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I know a lot of guys have removed the reflectors from the fork legs and lic plate bracket.

Just wondering.... Has anyone taken off the rear reflectors and not cut the brackets off? If not, did you just leave the bent slot hanging out there, or put something in the slot in the reflectors place??
Simply remove the whole bracket (part #84701-MGC-A200) and set aside. It will only take a couple of minutes and it doesn't interfere with the taillight assembly at all. Use the two mounting holes for the bracket for your license plate. Simple and clean!
As in the Chip Beck license plate mod!
 
Thread starter
Haven't decided about this mod yet. I have a helmet guardian back there and it sorta needs a lic plate bracket to bolt on to.

Just doing some pondering.
 
I was figuring on keeping the reflectors on the off chance that it helps drivers see me at night. Do you guys feel the reflectors don't add anything to night time visibility and don't like the looks?
 
Thread starter
Actually the DOT mandates them, for the very reason you mention, but like tank warning labels a lot of guys remove them.

If you go to the History section of the forum, you can see photos of CBs with and without reflectors from Honda
 
I think they are only placed on US bound bikes. In my opinion, if a driver cannot see a bike with it's lights on, reflectors will make no difference.
 
If I were to remove the reflectors I would add black retro reflective tape to the side frame of the bike. There are situations to where side reflection could be important.
 
Everyone is free to make their own choices, but I never remove the reflectors.
That said, I rarely ride at night anyway.
 
KennyB_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I know a lot of guys have removed the reflectors from the fork legs and lic plate bracket.

Just wondering.... Has anyone taken off the rear reflectors and not cut the brackets off? If not, did you just leave the bent slot hanging out there, or put something in the slot in the reflectors place??
Simply remove the whole bracket (part #84701-MGC-A200) and set aside. It will only take a couple of minutes and it doesn't interfere with the taillight assembly at all. Use the two mounting holes for the bracket for your license plate. Simple and clean!
Simply remove the whole bracket (part #84701-MGC-A200) and set aside. It will only take a couple of minutes and it doesn't interfere with the taillight assembly at all. Use the two mounting holes for the bracket for your license plate. Simple and clean!
I don't want to hijack this thread, but do you have a pic of this, Kenny?
 
Thread starter
No hijack at all ES
 
Black reflective tape not nearly as reflective as other colors, silver and white is the most reflective.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
I'm all for those reflector thingies. Even added the red wheel tape (more for the looks), now I have these red hoops that light up at night. Looks cool and adds to the visual picture at night. Very striking as it's not something the mind is used to seeing so it grabs the eye balls.
 
Elipten_imp said:
Black reflective tape not nearly as reflective as other colors, silver and white is the most reflective.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
But it is more reflective than nothing especially if it's retro reflective. And black would achieve the look. Myself, the huffy reflectors are fine with me.
 
[attachment=2352][attachment=2353][attachment=2354]
EmptySea_imp said:
KennyB_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I know a lot of guys have removed the reflectors from the fork legs and lic plate bracket.

Just wondering.... Has anyone taken off the rear reflectors and not cut the brackets off? If not, did you just leave the bent slot hanging out there, or put something in the slot in the reflectors place??
Simply remove the whole bracket (part #84701-MGC-A200) and set aside. It will only take a couple of minutes and it doesn't interfere with the taillight assembly at all. Use the two mounting holes for the bracket for your license plate. Simple and clean!
Simply remove the whole bracket (part #84701-MGC-A200) and set aside. It will only take a couple of minutes and it doesn't interfere with the taillight assembly at all. Use the two mounting holes for the bracket for your license plate. Simple and clean!
I don't want to hijack this thread, but do you have a pic of this, Kenny?
Simply remove the whole bracket (part #84701-MGC-A200) and set aside. It will only take a couple of minutes and it doesn't interfere with the taillight assembly at all. Use the two mounting holes for the bracket for your license plate. Simple and clean!
I don't want to hijack this thread, but do you have a pic of this, Kenny?
Just got back from a quick 60 mile, 28 degree ride. Here are a few pictures of mine.
 
Thread starter
I don't see anything either on my PC or Ipad?
 
Back
Top