Red Light Fun

Jeephoto_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Sometimes, when waiting on a long red light, I like to lift both feet and see how long I can balance my CB1100. Kind of like a Trials rider; feet up and complete stop.

Of course, all the while "checking my six" for cars behind me.

I couldn't do that on my KLR650 because my little short legs required one foot down only. I can get both feet down on the CB.
 
Jeephoto_imp said:
Sometimes, when waiting on a long red light, I like to lift both feet and see how long I can balance my CB1100. Kind of like a Trials rider; feet up and complete stop.

Of course, all the while "checking my six" for cars behind me.

I couldn't do that on my KLR650 because my little short legs required one foot down only. I can get both feet down on the CB.
Do it too. I can probably do around a second or so. I can hold it long enough that I can fully stop at 4-ways without putting my feet down.
 
So, in my younger days, after a too long visit to the local pub, I pulled up to a red light for a left turn and forgot to put either foot down. I am not sure how long I kept my balance all I remember is seeing cars drive past from a completely unfamiliar angle. Haven't tried it since.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
On my CB, I'm good for about a sec to a sec and a half. On my other bike, I can go for hours at a time. Oh wait, that one has a sidecar
 
Bet that one is the one you are riding this morning lol
 
Then there's how slow you can go in when waiting for a long red light with lots of cars in front, each barely crawling forward in accordion like fashion. It's a badge of honor not to put a foot down.
 
In this game, a low profile 200mm width rear tire is a big advantage. Less of a 'knife edge' to balance on top of. It makes me wonder what the 240mm or 300mm tires must be like !
won't even talk about the choice of putting car tires on a motorcycle.. that would really be cheating !
 
Someone must be bored. Lol
I could try it in my garage being there is over two feet of snow outside and i wont be riding anywhere for quite some time.
I could try it in my garage being there is over two feet of snow outside and i wont be riding anywhere for quite some time.
 
Back
Top