Recall on the Kawasaki

bigsheep_imp said:
There have been enough threads about this bike here I though it was ok to share it needed a recall.
It was a good thing to do. Those Kawasakis have attracted considerable attention here as another approach to retro design and many of us are interested in how that rolls out.

Thanks for sharing.
 
Several here have expressed interest in the bike and didn't someone actually buy one?
 
I reckon that any motorized two wheeler with a safety-related recall should be posted. Even those who only have a HD should not be excluded.
 
Thread starter
I took my 2013 across the border and part of the import process was to prove all recalls had been performed. It was very assuring that the 2013 Honda had Zero recalls at the time and to my knowledge still does.
 
I agree with, it should have a shaft drive and also hydraulic valves as the old CBX 750 and her follower Seven Fifty had.

By the way Kawasaki is good at recalls. Toyota also.
My W800 had 3. Fuel pump. Wheels. Wires and intake.
My Prius 4 had also 3....

Vehicles are complex things. Sometimes even too complex for very experienced manufacturers...

Wisedrum
 
Personally I think that a shaft would look out of place on our bikes. It is very easy to replace a chain on a bike and they will last a long time .
 
Wisedrum_imp said:
I agree with, it should have a shaft drive and also hydraulic valves as the old CBX 750 and her follower Seven Fifty had.

By the way Kawasaki is good at recalls. Toyota also.
My W800 had 3. Fuel pump. Wheels. Wires and intake.
My Prius 4 had also 3....

Vehicles are complex things. Sometimes even too complex for very experienced manufacturers...

Wisedrum
Hey Wisedrum, yeah, I miss the hydraulic lifters too, but so far the solids are doing pretty good.
Houtman_imp said:
Personally I think that a shaft would look out of place on our bikes. It is very easy to replace a chain on a bike and they will last a long time .
Sh-sh-afts would be 80's era CB for sure.
bigsheep_imp said:
Then it would twist coming out of corners... HA!
I don't recall the ol' CBs being much of an issue. However, the Yamaha 1100 Virago really compressed-then-released the rear end on hard acceleration. The ol' CBs didn't have the torque of the Virago.

Nevertheless, shaft is heavier and more expensive, but I like the trade-off, especially given our CB is more of a tourer (vs a racer).

- - -

Honda, you reading this?
 
I had a V65 for several years. That was the shaft jackingest bike I've ever ridden. Under hard acceleration, it felt like I sat about 4 inches higher and the rear end felt really light. But man, in a straight line, it was a religious experience...
 
Roper_imp said:
I had a V65 for several years. That was the shaft jackingest bike I've ever ridden. Under hard acceleration, it felt like I sat about 4 inches higher and the rear end felt really light. But man, in a straight line, it was a religious experience...
I hear ya. Sounds like the 1100 Virago, sans the hp of the V65.

V65 was the fastest [drag] production ride pre-VMax. We are speaking religion here.
 
You have to forgive the dreamers.
 
Ok...this thread has drifted a bit and far be it for me to straighten it out... so at the risk of sounding naive, aside from the maintenance issue, what is the advantage of a shaft-drive?
 
Thread starter
Best advantage for Shaft is the lowest maintenance. It is the poorest at converting power to the back wheel as I understand it.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Ok...this thread has drifted a bit and far be it for me to straighten it out... so at the risk of sounding naive, aside from the maintenance issue, what is the advantage of a shaft-drive?
There isn't one.

I'm not aware of any early '80's CB750's with shaft. The DOHC CB750F, CB750K, CB750C and CB750SC models were all chain, as were the later CB750 Nighthawk models.
 
Back
Top