REBEL 1100

Tev62_imp said:
The Rebel 1100 has been added to Motorcycle Ergonomics so you can compare it to the CB1100. I am short in the leg but even my 29" leg won't take the hip angle on a CMX1100. Add both bikes and see what comes out for you. Interestingly the forward lean is marginally less on the Rebel, but the hip angle is more acute due to the forward pegs and the low seat height.
Cycle ergo is a bit of fun. Here's Shaq on a Monkey. Of course, the suspension would be MUCH more compressed.



 
Sorry....but this thing is hideous. To me it's ugly, boring and uninspiring. So, it will probably be a big success for Honda.
 
Roper_imp said:
Tev62_imp said:
The Rebel 1100 has been added to Motorcycle Ergonomics so you can compare it to the CB1100. I am short in the leg but even my 29" leg won't take the hip angle on a CMX1100. Add both bikes and see what comes out for you. Interestingly the forward lean is marginally less on the Rebel, but the hip angle is more acute due to the forward pegs and the low seat height.
Cycle ergo is a bit of fun. Here's Shaq on a Monkey. Of course, the suspension would be MUCH more compressed.
Cycle ergo is a bit of fun. Here's Shaq on a Monkey. Of course, the suspension would be MUCH more compressed.
Now try and turn the handlebars! :D
 
I'll definitely check it out after the longer term reviews come in and used ones are on the market. I never buy new and especially not first run. I sat on a 500 before I got the cb and liked it but wanted more so went with the cb. I think the seating position is more comfortable and the forward foot placement is not as sprawling as many cruisers.
 
I'm not a big fan of the Rebel 1100's looks, but a friend of mine put 150 miles on one and felt it was a better all-around bike than the looks would suggest. He rode it up in the canyons, and said the riding position was more standard than cruiser, with the pegs in a standard position. Pegs didn't scrape too easily either (he's a former CB1100 owner, now a CBR1000RR rider).
 
They could have wrapped that tank around the frame a bit and gained another gallon or two of fuel capacity
 
The ferret_imp said:
They could have wrapped that tank around the frame a bit and gained another gallon or two of fuel capacity
I tend to agree.

Maybe changes like that will come in the next iterations.
 
Back
Top