REBEL 1100

mvk24_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
thoughts on the new Rebel 1100? Looks like they're putting the africa twin motor in the same frame as the 500 and 300. Tuned it down to 86 HP. Love them breaking the mold and not just trying to make a knockoff Harley like other companies. Also offering touring package and windscreen. GO HONDA

Looks like 4 riders modes and traction control all for 9k??
9a3945e5a2f5516e85d53f8985daa15f.jpg
00b5c6b17d3f252aac5fc4f222d625a2.jpg
e8bfd1c436b2bafb181a95b9bab85e7b.jpg
50406359e5b5c0b7f7728b07f5ea7fad.jpg
0a5d1017942f61e1ceed4c0b88a60795.jpg


Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
I really like this CMX1100. It is a tidy and confident Honda build with a lot of spice carried over from the Africa Twin mill. Too bad it is too low for me.
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
I really like this CMX1100. It is a tidy and confident Honda build with a lot of spice carried over from the Africa Twin mill. Too bad it is too low for me.
That is what I think the issue will be for me also, im 6'0 220. It looks a little small frame wise.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
I'd like to see one in person. The Rebel 300 and 500 didn't blip my needle, but the bigger bike might.
Not sure why, but I'm starting to be interested in cruisers. Most particularly the Triumph Speedmaster.
 
Thread starter
Cruiser just seems to be more of what I do, but i like the performance side. The Victory Octane had all the power I wanted in a cruiser but it was just to low for me at my height. Loved cracking the throttle on it though.

High reving cruiser is where its at. Comfort of a cruiser, fun of a CB

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
peterbaron_imp said:
Only two things I like about this bike: Honda name and its engine...
I believe the africa twin puts out a little over 100hp though. Wonder why the same engine is putting out 86 on the Rebel. Emissions?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
tj_gee_imp said:
Moving the power to the bottom end instead of the top end had the side effect of dropping peak HP, I assume.
Apparently they did different cams in each side to accommodate power above and below 4k RPMs? Was it like that in the African also

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
if is the seatpostion ok so eventual i change it for my neo sports cafe....

and yes a cruise control has this rebel too...

.
 
I speculate the CMX1100 (lighter) will also out torque the CRF1100L (heavier) from the stop light. However, the CRF1100L (and even the CRF1000L) spins up well for freeway merging - quite spectacular. It will be interesting to learn how the CMX does.
 
I love listening to Japanese talk, sounds like they are always excited and they talk so fast
 
The Rebel 1100 has been added to Motorcycle Ergonomics so you can compare it to the CB1100. I am short in the leg but even my 29" leg won't take the hip angle on a CMX1100. Add both bikes and see what comes out for you. Interestingly the forward lean is marginally less on the Rebel, but the hip angle is more acute due to the forward pegs and the low seat height.
 
Vic_imp said:
I'll try it and actually planning to trade my cb1100 for the dct model.
I'd be very interested in your CMX1100D demo ride Vic.

Warning: There is a risk of riding the DCT and never going back. Do you really wish to do that? We are talkin' the classic CB1100 at stake here. Alternatively, keep both.

Hint: When demo'ing the CMX1100, try "S1" mode first and bypass "Drive" mode.
 
Its a bargain, at 9299 for the non dct model a total steal. Honda will jack that up in no time I am sure. Probably will be 12999 in 2 years. They will sell a ton of these. Lots of power and good lean angles and some electronic modes mean it will stomp the competition. Probably the best bargain in motorcycling this year. Personally I'm not dumping my CB due to 3 major reasons....1)the new 1100 looks are pure utilitarian 2) the seat and the position look like you need to travel with a chiropractor 3) I love the engine on the CB. It is special imho.
 
crud.....i haven't wanted a cruiser in a long long time. Now i do. How did you do that Honda?

Was it....i dunno....paying attention to the market? using what works? combining successful elements into one, even more successful product? since when do motorcycle manufacturers do that?
 
Back
Top