Rear Turn Signals

Outtabout_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Anyone else notice that the front turn signals also work as running lights but the rear signals don't? I usually ride in the daytime, so it really wasn't obvious to me until I was riding it this evening. Just seems kind of odd. Any opinions on this?

2014 CB1100 STD (awesome bike!)
 
The tail light acts as a running light as well (and gets brighter once the brakes are applied obviously). Maybe since the tail light is on, they don't feel the need to keep the rear signals on?
 
Rear signals would need to be red to be used legally as running lights. Also need additional wiring or electronics to use as running lights and turn signals
 
Outtabout_imp said:
Anyone else notice that the front turn signals also work as running lights but the rear signals don't? I usually ride in the daytime, so it really wasn't obvious to me until I was riding it this evening. Just seems kind of odd. Any opinions on this?

2014 CB1100 STD (awesome bike!)
It's only odd because you hadn't noticed it before :P Federal DOT and many state regulations prohibit solid amber lights on the rear of any motor vehicle.
 
Back
Top