Rear Turn Signal relocation

paulw_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I am going to relocate my turn signals to the rear licence plate bracket. All I need to do so is a source for raw bullet connectors to match the ones Honda uses. I have the wire I need and can solder. Anything I see on the web has wires attached and seems to be only 6" long or so. Any sources out there? Thanks
 
This place sells connectors like our bike has and I have a kit of the multipin connectors. Here a link to some that may work. I am not sure what size our bullets our and my kit does not have any. You may have to email them and ask.
Motorcycle Bullet Terminals
 
I just went with aftermarket lights with a long wire set and short adapters to plug into the factory harness. You can find part numbers for the wiring adapter in the link in my signature.
 
My bike had the signals relocated to behind the rear taillight with brackets to accommodate the hepco and Becker hard side cases. This work was done for me, but I can post photos of the connections if that's helpful?
 
Thread starter
bigsheep_imp said:
My bike had the signals relocated to behind the rear taillight with brackets to accommodate the hepco and Becker hard side cases. This work was done for me, but I can post photos of the connections if that's helpful?
Please do. I can't seem to find where the connectors are nor for that matter how to remove the turn signals themselves.
bigsheep_imp said:
My bike had the signals relocated to behind the rear taillight with brackets to accommodate the hepco and Becker hard side cases. This work was done for me, but I can post photos of the connections if that's helpful?
Please do. I can't seem to find where the connectors are nor for that matter how to remove the turn signals themselves.
 
I cut the cables and soldered a cable extension. That was the only way, to get'em thru the funnel in the fender.

89ae9cfb0c7f2c613ac92245d5322932.jpg


9111e489b2658e13889c64d54a9b921d.jpg
 
Paulw, the connections are in a boot by the battery/tool box on the left side. IIRC you have to remove the tool box and left side cover to get to it (semi) easily.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Paulw, the connections are in a boot by the battery/tool box on the left side. IIRC you have to remove the tool box and left side cover to get to it (semi) easily.
Great. Thanks.
 
Django_imp said:
I cut the cables and soldered a cable extension. That was the only way, to get'em thru the funnel in the fender.

89ae9cfb0c7f2c613ac92245d5322932.jpg


9111e489b2658e13889c64d54a9b921d.jpg
Hey could you please show some up close photos of how the signals are mounted? Your seem to be much narrower than any of the brackets I can find online, I like it
 
QUINTtastic_imp said:
Django_imp said:
I cut the cables and soldered a cable extension. That was the only way, to get'em thru the funnel in the fender.

89ae9cfb0c7f2c613ac92245d5322932.jpg


9111e489b2658e13889c64d54a9b921d.jpg
Hey could you please show some up close photos of how the signals are mounted? Your seem to be much narrower than any of the brackets I can find online, I like it
Well, looked hard but did not found that close photos. Here the best I got:

a5df1246cf33f854eb95f38ac692fcf0.jpg


dad5f58be253efb8bdf6b9bf512422b6.jpg


2c2bf1ed6a7a40c09cedcb10ee3009ce.jpg


fdae7af179c697da7a5e30e7063e65b0.jpg


The clamp has the form of a U is mounted using the bolts of the tail light.

It comes with the baggage holder from Fehling.

Here's their homepage, search for '1100':

https://www.fehling.de/index.php?content...6&lang=eng
 
May this help, blinker bracket # 1, P/N KFT.01.328.001 ....a part from SW-Motech rear carrier kit for a CB.
Click to enlarge.

0717113bcea68b1b1d89473cb781cd68.jpg


b723793896dfc62ba8f4ef38adec5dab.jpg


66d640ccddc3515dc00c3bb48d6fd8a5.jpg


0b9fc97a766dbdc4c69f221766af2029.jpg
 
Back
Top