Rear turn signal lights

Sonnyboy_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Dumb question, but I'm new to riding. I just purchased a 2014 standard cb1100. I noticed that the front signal lights are always illuminated and get brighter when signaling. However, the rear yellow turn lights are not continuously illuminated but go on only when signaling. Is this normal or do I have a blown fuse or something? Thanks!
 
It's normal. DOT regs and most state laws do not allow for any solid amber lights on the rear of a vehicle. Just flashing amber for turning.
 
I modified mine with an aftermarket kit that makes my rear blinkers light up red like the taillight when the bike is on- turn brighter red when braking, and still blink orange.

It is my opinion that you can never have enough lights for people to see!
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
I modified mine with an aftermarket kit that makes my rear blinkers light up red like the taillight when the bike is on- turn brighter red when braking, and still blink orange.

It is my opinion that you can never have enough lights for people to see!
I agree. Can never have too much light.

Do you have a link to the kit you bought? My Wide Glide was set up like that (dealer update) and I'd like to do the same to the CB...
 
Thread starter
Retsel_imp said:
That is normal operation. Exactly as mine work.
Thank, Retsel.
Sonnyboy_imp said:
Dumb question, but I'm new to riding. I just purchased a 2014 standard cb1100. I noticed that the front signal lights are always illuminated and get brighter when signaling. However, the rear yellow turn lights are not continuously illuminated but go on only when signaling. Is this normal or do I have a blown fuse or something? Thanks!
Thanks everyone.
 
Sonnyboy_imp said:
Retsel_imp said:
That is normal operation. Exactly as mine work.
Thank, Retsel.
Sonnyboy_imp said:
Dumb question, but I'm new to riding. I just purchased a 2014 standard cb1100. I noticed that the front signal lights are always illuminated and get brighter when signaling. However, the rear yellow turn lights are not continuously illuminated but go on only when signaling. Is this normal or do I have a blown fuse or something? Thanks!
Thanks everyone.
Thank, Retsel.
Sonnyboy_imp said:
Dumb question, but I'm new to riding. I just purchased a 2014 standard cb1100. I noticed that the front signal lights are always illuminated and get brighter when signaling. However, the rear yellow turn lights are not continuously illuminated but go on only when signaling. Is this normal or do I have a blown fuse or something? Thanks!
Thanks everyone.
Check the "How to" section at the beginning of the Mech column. I listed the company and part number for the turn signal mod kit. The rear lights show red when on and braking, the yellow, more like orange overrides red when signaling.
Thank, Retsel.
Sonnyboy_imp said:
Dumb question, but I'm new to riding. I just purchased a 2014 standard cb1100. I noticed that the front signal lights are always illuminated and get brighter when signaling. However, the rear yellow turn lights are not continuously illuminated but go on only when signaling. Is this normal or do I have a blown fuse or something? Thanks!
Thanks everyone.
Check the "How to" section at the beginning of the Mech column. I listed the company and part number for the turn signal mod kit. The rear lights show red when on and braking, the yellow, more like orange overrides red when signaling.
Check with Connecticut DOT or vehicle code. Legal in California vehicle code
 
On my ZRX it was a plug and play kit. On my CB I had to modify (cut) the metal inside the blinkers to fit. I also coated the back of the circuit boards with liquid electric tape to prevent issues with contact on vibration.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
On my ZRX it was a plug and play kit. On my CB I had to modify (cut) the metal inside the blinkers to fit. I also coated the back of the circuit boards with liquid electric tape to prevent issues with contact on vibration.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great tips, Thanks!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top