Rear tire on the front

gcarper_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I want to put a tire labeled rear on the front. Why? Well I've been running the trails through the national forests around here and while my Avon Road riders are OK thought I'd put on some adventure labeled tires. Problem is there are only a few front tires that will fit 18inch rims and they require a tube. Tires in the 120x18 size for rear usage do not require tubes. I seem to remember that the rotation had to be reversed. Right?
thanks
 
If you must run a rear ,yes mount it backwards and don't ride it on the street. If you run a tube try and run at least 20 psi so you don't rip the stem off when stop hard.
 
This is exactly why Honda needs to release the CL1100 Scrambler. :biker:

Sorry, but I couldn't resist — hopefully some answers that are actually helpful will follow.
 
metallyguitarded_imp said:
No idea. But I eagerly await the results of your experiment.
+1
 
I'd love to have a Triumph scrambler with a cushier seat, and a set of arrow pipes. Test sat one, and if ever there was a bike calling for an aftermarket seat, and exhaust that's one.
 
I did own a 2006 Scrambler. With the seat upgrade- a Bonneville seat- it was fine.
I have to say, it was as smooth as our CBs and gave me confidence in the new Triumphs. I did miss it a lot until I got the CB.
 
gcarper, my apologies for so thoroughly sidetracking your thread.

Thank goodness for CA200's informative post.

Good luck with the experiment.
 
Back
Top