Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Probably depends on how much you weigh as much as anything else.Jim_imp said:So, how would rate the improvement on both the front & rears? If any- sometimes those mods don't really help much- sometimes they help a lot
Probably depends on how much you weigh as much as anything else.Olyrider_imp said:Probably depends on how much you weigh as much as anything else.Jim_imp said:So, how would rate the improvement on both the front & rears? If any- sometimes those mods don't really help much- sometimes they help a lot
I'm 205#, plus ATGATT. I installed Ohlins shocks on the rear, and Race-tech in front. The Ohlins were on sale for half-price at year-end in 2015.
I certainly didn't go "down" in suspension, but the changes are mostly psychological...and expensive. I constantly look for bumps to test things out, as opposed to avoiding them. The rear seems better than the front. Very happy with it. I think I have eliminated the diving effect of braking, unless I'm mis-remembering how bad it was. ;-) I mean, for almost $1,000 you would expect me to say good things...right?!
The bike never seem particularly unsettled before the changes.
The stock shocks are punishing if you are within certain weight ranges. You may be the perfect weight for the OEM shocks but trust me, Ohlins are 100% better than OEM. I installed Ohlins on my then new 1994 BMW R1100RS and it was sort of an epiphany. Frost heaves, pot holes, and expansion joints were smoothed out to the point of being non existent. I'm just about ready to order the ones for the 2013 CB1100 and can't wait. I hope it is as dramatic a change as on the BMW. Granted I'm just doing the back on the CB and on the beemer it was both ends. Single shock on front and single shock on rear.....beardyweirdy@me.com_imp said:Have a look at Hagon.
They have a good selection of shocks but I went with the Nitro.
They are fantastic. They've made a great deal of improvement to the handling of the bike and they look great as well...
They are made in the UK in London and I collected mine from the factory. They have an outlet in the USA:
Hagon USA
The guys there made the shocks to order for the CB1100 and I fitted them there so they could check out the fit. It was spot on.
I've since moved up to a heavier spring, which was changed for me.
I also had extra damping added while I was at it. Solo, they were perfect but I was getting to the limit of the spring when I was two up with luggage.
With the heavier spring I should now be in the range of adjustment for solo and full loaded, which is great.
The nice thing about them is that they are strippable and re-buildable, so you can change and up-grade when and if you need to.
Not sure how they compare in price to the Ikons but they were reasonable.
They are extremely helpful guys there and worth a look...
Jambo_imp said:beardyweirdy@me.com_imp said:Have a look at Hagon.
They have a good selection of shocks but I went with the Nitro.
They are fantastic. They've made a great deal of improvement to the handling of the bike and they look great as well...
They are made in the UK in London and I collected mine from the factory. They have an outlet in the USA:
Hagon USA
The guys there made the shocks to order for the CB1100 and I fitted them there so they could check out the fit. It was spot on.
I've since moved up to a heavier spring, which was changed for me.
I also had extra damping added while I was at it. Solo, they were perfect but I was getting to the limit of the spring when I was two up with luggage.
With the heavier spring I should now be in the range of adjustment for solo and full loaded, which is great.
The nice thing about them is that they are strippable and re-buildable, so you can change and up-grade when and if you need to.
Not sure how they compare in price to the Ikons but they were reasonable.
They are extremely helpful guys there and worth a look...
So which Hagon model was used for the CB1100? They don't list our model in their stock model listing.