Rear shock misaligned... (not)

Ben70_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Had my seat off today and when I put it back on I noticed from above that the left shock mount stuck out more than the right. I assumed I had the seat on wrong, so I pulled it back off and carefully centered it between the shocks, but then it wouldn't latch! I discovered that when I got it to latch, it centered with the rails for the rack, but the shocks were "off".
About twenty seconds of dismay ensued before I realized the shock mount on the left is about 1/2' inch longer than the one on the right from the factory.
Panic rapidly subsided, along with happiness that I had uncovered the reason I corner better to the right than left. Just kidding. Welcome to my occasionally befuddled world. :blush:

Ben
PS Had a great short ride in the hills, nice to have smoke free skies after last weeks brief rain.
 
Others have been befuddled by that as well. People just love to think there is something terribly wrong with their bikes for some reason lol
 
Totally going to look at my bike tomorrow. Surprised I never noticed this as I take the seat off all the time as well as having replaced the shocks and tear blinkers....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I think we determined it's due to the chain and sprockets on the left side of the bike.
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Totally going to look at my bike tomorrow. Surprised I never noticed this as I take the seat off all the time as well as having replaced the shocks and tear blinkers....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I looked!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top