Rear brake stupid question.

NightRider_imp

Been there
Thread starter
I got back from MSF classes early yesterday and before I began rewriting the Honda shop manual for Honda (see the latest oil thread), I began looking the bike over in detail. My eyes wandered to the back brake and noticed what looked like a hydraulic line or and noticed the rear brake foot control did not need much pressure or distance to actuate the rear brake, sans a hydraulic brake. So here is the question, is it hydraulic and if so, where is the master cylinder for it?

Thanks.
 
Thread starter
I found it in the parts diagram on some parts place website. The reservoir I suppose is behind the right side panel. Funny I never noticed it in the owner's manual. Interesting also that the cylinder assembly is 1100 plus dollars. Thank goodness these bikes hold together well a guy could go broke fixing it.
 
Thread starter
Great pictures. You know, I did try and search on "rear brake reservoir" and came up with zip, so I did try and find it on my own...
 
Yea I've been around a while so I know where most of the gold is buried lol
 
Nightrider, $1100?? On partsfish it shows the rear brake res. is $12 and change, and the cyl. assm. is $114 and change.
 
NightRider_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Nightrider, $1100?? On partsfish it shows the rear brake res. is $12 and change, and the cyl. assm. is $114 and change.
That price is for you only.

http://www.motosport.com/AR/cruiser/oem-parts/HONDA/2013/CB1100/REAR-BRAKE-MASTER-CYLINDER-(1)
That price is for you only.

http://www.motosport.com/AR/cruiser/oem-parts/HONDA/2013/CB1100/REAR-BRAKE-MASTER-CYLINDER-(1)
Looks like Motosport pricing is up by a decimal place. :huh:

http://www.procaliber.com/oemparts/a/hon/511a8da6f870022e4ccd3252/rear-brake-master-cylinder-1
 
Back
Top