Rear Axle Nut

Billie_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Just replaced the tires on my 2014 CB, when I took the rear wheel off I noticed there was no C shaped clip on the end of the axle.
My Harleys all have had a clip to prevent the axle nut from ever backing off, now I know HD's vibrate more than this CB but am I missing something here?
So I put some blue locktite on the threads and tightened the nut down, anything else?
 
The service manual does not call for thread locker on the axle nut. Torqued to spec it will not come loose.
 
The rear axle has a stainless steel spring washer built into it that is always tensioning the nut against the thread. Look up Fuji Lock Nut. Unlike nylon-lined lock nuts, these do not fatigue and are reusable indefinitely. Nylocks are not reusable unless the plastic inside is heated and melted.
 
Thread starter
pekingduck_imp said:
The rear axle has a stainless steel spring washer built into it that is always tensioning the nut against the thread. Look up Fuji Lock Nut. Unlike nylon-lined lock nuts, these do not fatigue and are reusable indefinitely. Nylocks are not reusable unless the plastic inside is heated and melted.
Thanks
 
Correction -

The rear axle NUT has a stainless steel spring washer built into it that is always tensioning the nut against the thread.
 
Thread starter
pekingduck_imp said:
Correction -

The rear axle NUT has a stainless steel spring washer built into it that is always tensioning the nut against the thread.
I figured thats what you meant, thanks for the info.
 
Back
Top