Lord Popgun
Road warrior
PB, doing diagnostics, replacing and adjusting the TPS isn’t hard. Remembering a part number? CRS… 

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

:rofl:....me neitherLord Popgun_imp said:PB, doing diagnostics, replacing and adjusting the TPS isn’t hard. Remembering a part number? CRS…![]()
Probably not, as most of the info is from the Honda service manual, thanks to Popgun. I just did some summarization.Dave_imp said:Thank you Doc, you know WAY more about these electronic components than I do.
Yes, I considered that. Nevertheless, those who can manage a negotiated date(s) and time(s) might help make it work. You never know? Some people can't sleep at night and could consider something else to stimulate them instead of Netflix binging.SportsterDoc_imp said:Good thought, Gold, but different time zones would make it difficult.
If the TPS connections and outputs are normal, then the issue is still likely with the IACV, such as
some contamination upon re-assembly and/or assembly problem and/or perhaps a wiring/connector issue...maybe even a faulty new IACV?
No CEL for the IACV, since there is no feedback to the ECM, takes us a few steps back from the OBDII age.
Gordo, has the ECM been unplugged and re-connected, just to wipe the contacts? If not, suggest you do so AFTER thoroughly checking the TPS.
Never thought of the disconnect reconnect/ cleaning of the ecm. I'm taking it the dealer tommorow. Thank you all for your help. I'm at somewhat of loss and my mechanical abilities aren't that great. I cant even begin to find the right words of appreciation to all of you trying your darndest to get me through this!!! Hopefully the dealership and their millenial mechanics can figure this out!SportsterDoc_imp said:Good thought, Gold, but different time zones would make it difficult.
If the TPS connections and outputs are normal, then the issue is still likely with the IACV, such as
some contamination upon re-assembly and/or assembly problem and/or perhaps a wiring/connector issue...maybe even a faulty new IACV?
No CEL for the IACV, since there is no feedback to the ECM, takes us a few steps back from the OBDII age.
Gordo, has the ECM been unplugged and re-connected, just to wipe the contacts? If not, suggest you do so AFTER thoroughly checking the TPS.