Ready to go

Lol...they are the little rubber clutch and brake lever end covers that came on 60-80s Honda CB motorcycles which have become affectionately known around this forum as RLET's or Rubber Lever End Thingies.

 
The ferret_imp said:
Lol...they are the little rubber clutch and brake lever end covers that came on 60-80s Honda CB motorcycles which have become affectionately known around this forum as RLET's or Rubber Lever End Thingies.



My memory of lever tips is not the thick, molded, slip on version but instead more of a thin coating, like it was dipped. The very tips even had a slight buildup, as if a drip was about to form.

I keep thinking I may try black Plasti Dip like [url=http://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/Plasti_Dip]THIS.
 
The ferret_imp said:

My memory of lever tips is not the thick, molded, slip on version but instead more of a thin coating, like it was dipped. The very tips even had a slight buildup, as if a drip was about to form.

I keep thinking I may try black Plasti Dip like [url=http://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/Plasti_Dip]THIS.
Sorry DG, but your memory is foggy lol. These are the SAME PART NUMBER as early CB 550/750 rlets. When I ordered my 2013 CB 1100 in November 2012, I ordered the rlets at the same time off a 74 CB 550. Those are the ones we are using, they are OEM Honda...original replacement parts..
This is what I am remembering. I suppose they were common to the small bore bikes.
 
dUh!_imp said:
It happened again today. Headed to movie store, in right lane, Ford truck next to me on the left. Could tell the passenger was eyeballing me but at this point I don't look over. Car in front and I are approaching a red light. Car stops, but the truck has a clear lane and stops beside me. After placing my feet down, I look over and see the window coming down.... Here it comes.
Passenger "What year is that?"
Me"2013"
Passenger to driver "I told you that was one of those new ones! I told you! That's one of those new ones!"
Passenger - turning to me with a silly grin on his face rustling in his seat- "Thats a nice bike man."
Me "Thank you"
Look forward to see a green light and the car in front already thru the intersection. Take off a bit quick, a little higher revs, just so they can hear the exhaust.
I just smile :) I really do love this motorcycle



We need a like button.
 
Back
Top