PowerDubs_imp
Road warrior
Thread starter
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Yeah.. It is rather insulting to suggest that they spent $3200 in real labor on the bike based on their description. For my general education, where on the bowl should I be looking for the drilled out hole? I'm as far from an expert on these as there can be, but the opening on the lower part of the bowl towards the rear on the side looks what I'm used to seeing, but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.m in sc_imp said:what a complete rip off. 4k? that's maybe 1 full day in the shop of work. see the open holes in the fuel bowls in the side? those are for pressure correction fittings that plumb to the airbox that should be there for the air jet. he was lazy and drilled out the block at the 6 o clock position and didn't reset it to factory. Also note, the RH cyl smokes a bit more. that's a RH crank seal going out. also, not a period correct petcock, not even close to correct, but a cheap replacement.
Most people in the 2 stroke vintage community really dislike kaplan and his ads and his sales. Half the info is wrong, intentional or not. and his stuff is always, always over priced. But to each their own. its a pretty decent 400 but def nothing special.

I liked the video.GoldOxide_imp said:Ooooooo. The video looks to be entertaining (no matter what happens), since I owned a '76 model.
The specimen resembles just as I remember riding one last.



I grew up on an RD400 and for me that heart spot is not soft.peterbaron_imp said:
There is always a soft spot in my heart for the smokies...that I grew up with :blush:
m, this is awesome. :beerchug:m in sc_imp said:yup.
the red arrow in this pic is pointing to.. me. that bike hadn't run in at least 5 years, we got it running in the parking lot.
canadian spec RZ, that belongs to my buddy tim in the green hat to the right. to the left is my friend Matt (white shirt, he owns the rd400 i linked the time lapse to in my garage) and David, leaning against my 66 galaxie. Some views in that vid show my wife also sitting on the hood of my car.
I've known most of the guys in that video for 20+ yrs.
:beerchug:
build thread on the RZ here, it will be there this year.
1984 Yamaha Gray Ghost RZ350 And So It Begins
Ah-ha ... I remember that flick. So that is you m in sc? Coolio.m in sc_imp said:yup.
the red arrow in this pic is pointing to.. me. that bike hadn't run in at least 5 years, we got it running in the parking lot.
canadian spec RZ, that belongs to my buddy tim in the green hat to the right. to the left is my friend Matt (white shirt, he owns the rd400 i linked the time lapse to in my garage) and David, leaning against my 66 galaxie. Some views in that vid show my wife also sitting on the hood of my car.
I've known most of the guys in that video for 20+ yrs.
:beerchug:
build thread on the RZ here, it will be there this year.
1984 Yamaha Gray Ghost RZ350 And So It Begins


I cut my teeth on the RD400, got my full motorcycle license.peterbaron_imp said:You have to get rid of that 2-stroke cloud in order to be recognized, m in sc![]()
I recall it being very difficult to start. The test officer told me to move aside and get it started while another rider could do their test. So I did. A bunch of other Harley Davidson riders waiting to do their road test laughed as I struggled. It was embarrassing.