RC213V-S

Novice_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Got an email today. It's a reality. I really really want one so I'm taking donations for those of you who want to help out a blue collar guy. Thanks in advance:D
 
LOL that would take a lot of donations, but I'm probably good for 100 pennies.

only $ 185,999.00 more to go. Oh wait do you have to add freight, prep and doc fees to the price?
 
Elipten_imp said:
The taxes alone are more than the cost of a CB1100!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
:rofl:
 
Thread starter
Thanks ferret! I sure hope the window for ordering one stays open long enough for me to get the $$$ together. I should make it by July of 2516.
 
I have the money, but I can't imagine the insurance cost! I also don't have the skills to ride it even in first gear. Not sure my knees could handle it.

Since Marc is not doing do well this year I think the price should be lowered.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
I really don't have the skills to ride it either, but if you bought it, I would give it a good old college try and let you know how it was :). I would even pay the insurance...if I could purchase it in 15 minute increments.
 
Hey, the US one only has 13 more horsepower than our CBs. Shouldn't be too much of a handful.

(Yes I know the low HP figure is due to the artificially low redline to meet US nose regulations).
 
Say what! $175,000 for 13 hp, that Kawi with 300 hp is looking like a bargain. With the left over cash I can buy a house.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Set up a go fund me account, haha.

I don't know what Honda is thinking with this. The $22k Yamaha R1M is a steal in comparison. Actually, any of the modern liter bikes are a bargain for the type of performance and technology you get.
 
Here might be what Honda is thinking. Exclusivity and collectibility. 25 years from now even a pristine R1M is going to be a clapped out yesterdays technology sport bike like a zillion others. The RC213 is going to be a never ridden piece of Honda history, garnering really big bucks at auctions. These bikes or very few of them are going to riders, these bikes are going to go to collectors. Think there will be an R1M in Leno's collection? Bet there will be an RC213.

Everyday riders would prefer the Yamaha, collectors the Honda.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Here might be what Honda is thinking. Exclusivity and collectibility. 25 years from now even a pristine R1M is going to be a clapped out yesterdays technology sport bike like a zillion others. The RC213 is going to be a never ridden piece of Honda history, garnering really big bucks at auctions. These bikes or very few of them are going to riders, these bikes are going to go to collectors. Think there will be an R1M in Leno's collection? Bet there will be an RC213.

Everyday riders would prefer the Yamaha, collectors the Honda.
Leno did order a Kawi H2. That bike is "only" $25k. I suppose a $186k motorcycle is no different than a $1M supercar. Look at what the Maclaren F1 is worth today compared to when it was new. It's not even that old.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Here might be what Honda is thinking. Exclusivity and collectibility. 25 years from now even a pristine R1M is going to be a clapped out yesterdays technology sport bike like a zillion others. The RC213 is going to be a never ridden piece of Honda history, garnering really big bucks at auctions. These bikes or very few of them are going to riders, these bikes are going to go to collectors. Think there will be an R1M in Leno's collection? Bet there will be an RC213.

Everyday riders would prefer the Yamaha, collectors the Honda.
I think you're spot on. This is a collector bike and probably a good investment for those able to buy in.
 
the_undecider_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Here might be what Honda is thinking. Exclusivity and collectibility. 25 years from now even a pristine R1M is going to be a clapped out yesterdays technology sport bike like a zillion others. The RC213 is going to be a never ridden piece of Honda history, garnering really big bucks at auctions. These bikes or very few of them are going to riders, these bikes are going to go to collectors. Think there will be an R1M in Leno's collection? Bet there will be an RC213.

Everyday riders would prefer the Yamaha, collectors the Honda.
Leno did order a Kawi H2. That bike is "only" $25k. I suppose a $186k motorcycle is no different than a $1M supercar. Look at what the Maclaren F1 is worth today compared to when it was new. It's not even that old.
Did Leno order the 200HP H2 or the 300 HP H2R? I'm guessing the latter. Although the H2's by virtue of their superchargers are going to be rare street bikes like the turbos of the 80's, but the H2R has the exclusivity. Few people other than collectors are going to spring for them.

And there is a kit to make the RC213 something like 250 HP but with it, it won't pass noise/emissions regs in the US (this is being offered as a street bike complete with lights, mirrors and turn signals etc) and the high performance kit is not being offered here, but I'd bet a guy with Leno's money and connections will have one
 
You are looking at the cost the wrong way. Instead of counting up from say an R1M you need to count down from what a MotoGP bike (or even a WSBK bike) costs. That way this is truly a bargain!

I would love to have one, lined up next to a Desmosedici, NR750 and perhaps an RC30 in my garage. Unfortunately that will never happen.
 
See perfect thinking and why the RC will be considered so much more than a Yammie R1M

NR750, RC30, RC213-S... Milestone motorcycles that will be important in Hondas history forever

Exclusivity and collectability.. Even if they weren't technically the best street bikes, yet cost a whole lot more than the others in their day

Honda best pure street bike IMO was the 1992 CBR900RR aka Fireblade, yet no one even mentions that bike in with the highly collectibles. Unprecedented in sport bike history. Read the history on that bike and be amazed at what hoops the designer and team leader Baba made the engineers jump thru. Amazing stuff. Much like the impact the Y1M is making today.
 
whoever plans to buy this motogp for the streets or garage queen go contact guhlmotors to flash the ecu to get that extra 100hp along with the missing 8000rpm . its like ferrari selling a race car for the streets but only 6 out of the 12 cylinders work.

all this technology that honda puts into the rc213 just to short change you at the end. This is truly for a collectors motorcycle.

The R1M has the latest (current motogp) derived technology at a fraction.

It is a pretty looking bike though I cant wait to see what leno thinks of the bike.
 
Back
Top