Rats my pc reverted to messed up format

Gone in 60_imp said:
Did it stay normal? If I do it and bookmark, it reverts back next time the site loads.
It stays normal while the tab is open, even if you reload the main page from a bookmark. As soon as you close the tab and it has to open a new one, it defaults to "https" even if the bookmark says "http". What a pain. I'll stick with Firefox.
 
Yeah, I'll keep the Chrome bookmark on my phone. Had a lapse of whatever and let my phone update.
 
Thread starter
doesn't it update automatically when you are asleep?
 
You can set it to only manually update and it won't till you tell it to. But it started nagging me with pop-ups and I got weak.
 
It’s a dilemma as there are usually good security reasons to update. The problem is you get other irritating little programming quirks.
 
Bighonda14_imp said:
My format is totally messed up -- both on my Apple MacBook Pro, and iPhone.

What is going on?

Any way to fix it? THANKS!!
If it's your Apple devices running Safari, I put Chrome on my iPhone and open the site from there as http (no S) and it works fine.
 
I run Safari and it works great by removing the S. But, I usually have to remove it, it doesn’t work, remove it again, then all is well until it needs done again. That isn’t very often as I don’t close tab or app very often.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I run Safari and it works great by removing the S. But, I usually have to remove it, it doesn’t work, remove it again, then all is well until it needs done again. That isn’t very often as I don’t close tab or app very often.
....try to put all your rats on a leash...this is what I did :P
 
PB, I am Lord Popgun, (and you are my Baron). We don’t do rats. The Cellar Master does… ;)
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Use this ,
Chrome browser Honda CB1100 Forum - For fans of Honda's CB1100 and then enter the cb1100 forum

NO S, only http
...or change your security settings
Thanks!
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I run Safari and it works great by removing the S. But, I usually have to remove it, it doesn’t work, remove it again, then all is well until it needs done again. That isn’t very often as I don’t close tab or app very often.
Very strange! This worked for me! Thanks.
 
I haven't gone through this whole thread to see if this has been suggested but my solution is to open the site, click on PRIVATE MESSAGES up in the welcome back menu, then click on VIEW TODAY'S POSTS and everything comes up properly.
 
Thread starter
Hmmm thats interesting
 
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
I haven't gone through this whole thread to see if this has been suggested but my solution is to open the site, click on PRIVATE MESSAGES up in the welcome back menu, then click on VIEW TODAY'S POSTS and everything comes up properly.
Just tried this and unfortunately it didn't work for me (I'm using Safari). Removing the s fixes the problem but is a bit of a pain as it thas to be done each time I return to the site.
 
I highly recommend switching to the DuckDuckGo browser instead of all the others. It allows for proper privacy, does away with annoying adds and other intrusive tracking. As a bonus, this site shows up as it should!!

It is available on Windows as well as Android phones that I have been using, and it is also available for MacOS an iOS although I have not tried those.
 
Thread starter
I don't know what has happened whether it was something Cormanus and I did, or what, but I haven't received the SQL message in days and the forum has looked perfectly normal to me.

What are you guys seeing? Normal? Still messed up? SQL messages?
 
I got one 2 or 3 days ago but it cleared up quickly.
 
Back
Top