Rats my pc reverted to messed up format

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Using Microsoft Edge. Its been fine for maybe a year. I recieved a pm from an old member asking about the messed up format. After answering his pm, when I returned to the forum all of a sudden mine is messed up again.

So far google has been no help. When I try fixing it according to instructions on google it doesnt work.

I think my son in law fixed it last time but I can't remember what he did.

Anyone have a clue how to fix it?

Its fine on my ipad in Chrome.

Only issue is on PC in Microsoft Edge.
 
I jinxed you! I'm sorry!! LOL

If it makes you feel any better, the forum's been great for me since you helped me out!

I'll excuse myself now. Ha ha
 
Thread starter
Lol I wasn't naming names .....

No biggie we will get it figured out, or as a last resort my son in law is coming to dinner next Saturday and I'll have him look at it.
 
I can tell you how to fix it on chrome, but I do not use any other browser.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk
 
Download Chrome on your PC, Ferret. :)
 
It can be frustrating. I haven't had any trouble with Firefox and removing the s from https in the address line. I hope I am not jinxing myself by saying this.
 
Thread starter
OK I can't figure it out lol. Going to have to use my tablet for reading I suppose lol
 
I updated my newer iPad to ios 18.2 today and now my format here is messed up.

The iPad i’m on now it an older one running 15.8.3 and it works. Guess thats how I’ll browse here now…

I guess my MacBook Air and iPhone 16 will get messed up when I upgrade them.
 
Thread starter
yea my PC is still messed up but my android tablet is still good. I hate my pc being messed up like this. Hard to read and moderate.
 
peterbaron_imp said:
I decide when to update, never set on “auto”
I do too PB

I updated the Mac to Sequoia 15.2 just now and the site is working fine. So that's a good thing.

Edit to add: It worked until I closed the site tab, then re-opened it. After I removed the s from http it worked again. That didn't work on the iPad.

I'll update my phone tomorrow and see if ios works better than iPad OS
 
That is not great news.
 
Nachodaddy_imp said:
It can be frustrating. I haven't had any trouble with Firefox and removing the s from https in the address line. I hope I am not jinxing myself by saying this.
Firefox has never given me any issues doing the same.
 
Double Rats! My iPad Pro 6th Generation updated the IOS to 18,2 last night. Like Popgun, the forum's format is messed up.
I concur, I’ll disable the automatic update.. I can’t even edit this post to say “was’” updated.
 
I've got a few updates stacked up on my iPhone. Maybe I won't do 'em if it will screw up my enjoyment of the forum! Plus it has more of that AI stuff from what I've heard. Not that everyone doesn't already know what I'm doing at all times, including the Skynet robots.
 
pdedse_imp said:
I just delete the "s" from the address bar, after the http thingy.
Thank you.... I've been looking at the forum in the not working way ever since I joined was just to lazy to figure it out.

It feels like I just went from viewing the forum on an old 8 bit video game to brand new HD quality :biker::clap::bacon:
 
Back
Top