Firstfour_imp said:
Waffa_imp said:
Deanohh_imp said:
You're saying decreasing rake angle (steering stem angle) increases trail. ......sure about that?
But perhaps you could show a scale diagram of what you're trying to accomplish. I've never seen a set of triple clamps where the yokes are set to angle the fork tubes more vertical than the stem, plus have a bigger offset to maintain the same trail. Is that what you're asking?
I don't get the purpose but I hope you find what you're looking for.
Sorry, I'm used to the coordinate system for the Patterson Control Model where the origin is located at the head tube intersection, and not the contact patch.
I want to decrease the rake as much as possible without the fender hitting the headers.
Sorry, what is the purpose of this?:huh:
Sorry, what is the purpose of this?:huh:
Turn-in will be quicker, however, straight-line stability will be lowered to a point where head-shake will likely occur.
My CBR1000RR's rake is 23.75 degrees and Honda purposely includes a (somewhat sophisticated) steering damper, stock. The CB1100's rake is already only 27 degrees, stock, and the front tire is a lot skinnier than my CBR's. Proceed with caution.